Raceland 64 East Carter 48

Great win for Coach Floyd and the Rams, just because this is his first year as varsity head coach in basketball, this ain't his first rodeo.

I totally agree Big Slick. Coach Floyd has been around some quality coaches and paid his dues. He has got his chance and ran with it. Too bad many schools wont bump up their assistants into the head coaching position. Some schools seem to be enamored with bringing in an outsider or a "big" name when the best option might be right in front of them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyles and Barker return next year, while the JV may not be a great team as a whole there are a couple of players that with spring,and summer under Coach Floyd's tuteledge will be able to contribute next year. Coach wasn't thrown into this he knows how to bring kids along the right way, take it from an old fool who knows, he knows what he is doing.

I am not sure about that. Boyles and Martin are juniors and Barker is a sophomore. Who are the seniors. I see Floyd going 8 and 9 deep on the bench. I feel like he'll put well-above average teams on the court for the next couple of years.

:thumb: Good post incognito. I might add that this is coming from a Raceland fan since the early 70's at least. Since you have been a fan since around the same time frame I believe that makes you a longtime fan. I graduated with your brother in 75' and watched you other brother play as well a few years later. I coached the father of one kid on the team now when he was in the 5th and 6th grade.

I think that qualifies several of us as longtime fans.;)

Congratulations to Raceland on the win. It is great to see such balanced scoring. Hard to defend an offense like that.[/QUOTE]

:thumb: I agree 100%. It shows how unselfish these players are and how much they believe in each other. Team unity is a very good thing.

:thumb: The Rams are now at 16-8 and are tied with West Carter for the third best record in the 16th region, behind Elliot and East C. and just ahead of Rose Hill.

Are you sure about that?

Overall Region

Elliott County 20 - 2 16 - 1

East Carter 19 - 5 16 - 4

West Carter 16 - 8 13 - 7

Raceland 16 - 8 10 - 5

Rose Hill Christian 16 - 9 10 - 1

Bath County 15 - 4 8 - 3

Fairview 14 - 9 10 - 7

Looks like Bath Might now be 3rd

Are you sure about that?

Overall Region

Raceland 16 - 8 10 - 5

Bath County 15 - 4 8 - 3

Fairview 14 - 9 10 - 7

That may very well be, I can see where you are coming up with that anyway.

Are you sure about that?

Overall Region

Raceland 16 - 8 10 - 5

Bath County 15 - 4 8 - 3

Fairview 14 - 9 10 - 7

3out of the 5 region losses for the Rams have come against Elliott, and least we forget Bath County decided not to travel to Raceland, so in my book thats a minus, and it wasn't because of the weather. Maybe a Bath fan would like to tell us why?