An evening with Joel Osteen

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God does not reward us with earthly treasures for faithfulness, but that is this man's message.

He doesn't??? Are you sure?

I really hate it when people speak on behalf of God. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't, but I am certainly not willing to speak in definitives, because it appears to me he might sometimes reward people for faithfullness, giving them the wealth and finances to make things happen on his behalf and sometimes he "rewards" people with lack of material wealth, which creates a real dependence.

He doesn't??? Are you sure?

I really hate it when people speak on behalf of God. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't, but I am certainly not willing to speak in definitives, because it appears to me he might sometimes reward people for faithfullness, giving them the wealth and finances to make things happen on his behalf and sometimes he "rewards" people with lack of material wealth, which creates a real dependence.

The Bible speaks on behalf of God. In fact, it is God's Word. He speaks to his people through this venue. Those who believe the Bible (God's Word) are not speaking on behalf of Him but merely accepting, believing and sharing what He has revealed about a particular subject.

The Bible speaks on behalf of God. In fact, it is God's Word. He speaks to his people through this venue. Those who believe the Bible (God's Word) are not speaking on behalf of Him but merely accepting, believing and sharing what He has revealed about a particular subject.

Which is not what Heresay did.