Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barbourville 73 Middlesboro 71

Featured Replies

Tied at 71 Barbourville has the ball with around 30 seconds and Middlesboro for whatever reason goes to a 2-3. Clark just holds the ball out front until about 12 seconds left and goes down the lane and knocks it off of his knee and continues to dribble and the ref calls a walk. Middlesboro gets the ball back with around 9 seconds dribbles down the middle and Clark steals it at the free line with about 5 seconds and goes the full length or the court to shoot a lay up as the horn sounds. Middlesboro was up by as many as 16 in the 3rd. Can someone that is not a Jacket fan give me an honest opinion about this team. I see the coach being most of the problem. I just want a outsiders opinion.

I think a lot of the Jacket fans are enamored with their size and jumping ability and don't see the lack of basketball skills such as defense, rebounding, and ball handling. Athleticly they are as good as anyone in the 13th, but as a basketball team I think they are lacking. Of course some blame should lie with the Coach but I think he does a much better job than Ed Jones for what it is worth.

 

I have not kept up with the district standings too much, who will M'boro play in the district tourney?

I think a lot of the Jacket fans are enamored with their size and jumping ability and don't see the lack of basketball skills such as defense, rebounding, and ball handling. Athleticly they are as good as anyone in the 13th, but as a basketball team I think they are lacking. Of course some blame should lie with the Coach but I think he does a much better job than Ed Jones for what it is worth.

 

I have not kept up with the district standings too much, who will M'boro play in the district tourney?

 

Excellent post. Agree totally. :thumb:

Great win for Dinky and the boys. Maybe Middlesboro lost because Barbourville outplayed them? Didn't the Tigers trail at one point, 48-32?

IMO, the problem with Middlesboro is basketball is not a priority. Football and baseball is. I honestly do not know about what they have done under the new coach, who I like as a person btw. But in the past Mboro hasn't had a very good offseason program. Basketball is a year around sport. If you want to be good you can't just play from Oct. 15th to March, unless you just have great athletes. Middlesboro maybe doing a lot in the offseason, I don't know, but they haven't in the past. And you also, can't be a good team without learning how to play defense.

What is wrong with M'boro this season? They should be one of the top five teams in the 13th region in my book.

Probably talent.

 

They are still too inconsistent though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.