Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Paris

Featured Replies

What does Paris need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

They will still have a lot of their speed.

They will need to bulk up on the line and the underclassmen will

have to step up in doing so.

Also, they need to find gold in a quarterback.

They are young, but are heading in the right direction.

I guess now, they will need to look for the next head coach. Leadership stability could be an issue with this team with their last coach apparently headed to Rowan. Speed is the great equalizer though. Glad to hear they've got that going for them.

They will still have a lot of their speed.

They will need to bulk up on the line and the underclassmen will

have to step up in doing so.

Also, they need to find gold in a quarterback.

They are young, but are heading in the right direction.

 

I agree 100% with KyFans11. We are proud of the direction that we are headed in and with continued effort we will be improved in the future. I have recently added two new assistants to our staff that we feel will help us tremendously this spring and fall. We have averaged between 15-18 kids per day in the weightroom and although those numbers aren't overwhelming, I feel that it is a great start. We need to develop those kids strength and speed wise and everyday we teach and discuss football concepts with our kids to help improve our football IQ. We have some tremendous backs and receivers coming back next year and with a strong, disciplined and fundamentally sound offensive and defensive line we should have more of an opportunity to compete. Our focus on the classroom is beginning to pay off and I truly believe that we will not lose kids to eligibility during the summer or preseason next year. We were hit very very hard with the loss of a few key players for us last year during the preseason and we are working hard to create an appreciation for the classroom that will prevent things like that from happening in the future. Overall, we are focused mainly on one thing... developing well rounded and disciplined individuals. If we can create an environment that is advantageous for our kids and their futures then winning football games will be a by-product of that mission. :thumb:

I agree 100% with KyFans11. We are proud of the direction that we are headed in and with continued effort we will be improved in the future. I have recently added two new assistants to our staff that we feel will help us tremendously this spring and fall. We have averaged between 15-18 kids per day in the weightroom and although those numbers aren't overwhelming, I feel that it is a great start. We need to develop those kids strength and speed wise and everyday we teach and discuss football concepts with our kids to help improve our football IQ. We have some tremendous backs and receivers coming back next year and with a strong, disciplined and fundamentally sound offensive and defensive line we should have more of an opportunity to compete. Our focus on the classroom is beginning to pay off and I truly believe that we will not lose kids to eligibility during the summer or preseason next year. We were hit very very hard with the loss of a few key players for us last year during the preseason and we are working hard to create an appreciation for the classroom that will prevent things like that from happening in the future. Overall, we are focused mainly on one thing... developing well rounded and disciplined individuals. If we can create an environment that is advantageous for our kids and their futures then winning football games will be a by-product of that mission. :thumb:

:thumb: Excellent post!! With that kind of leadership I am 100% convinced that the Paris Pride I remember will be back soon.

Your kids first approach is what it is all about.

Best of luck to you and your Greyhounds in 08. ( except for the Raceland game):lol:

[/b]

:thumb: Excellent post!! With that kind of leadership I am 100% convinced that the Paris Pride I remember will be back soon.

Your kids first approach is what it is all about.

Best of luck to you and your Greyhounds in 08. ( except for the Raceland game):lol:

 

I think coach summed it up last year with his statement of Championship being so far removed from the sidelines. It will take time to rebuild.

So my advice for the Paris Faithful is to "mulitply and replinish the Paris district"! :lol:

I think coach summed it up last year with his statement of Championship being so far removed from the sidelines. It will take time to rebuild.

So my advice for the Paris Faithful is to "mulitply and replinish the Paris district"! :lol:

 

I agree. It will take time as it does with all programs and most Class -A programs go through the rebuilding phase from time to time so the folks from Paris will need to be patient as you have stated and give their support to the kids and their program in a positive manner.

I give you an A+ on the advice!!!!:lol:

I agree 100% with KyFans11. We are proud of the direction that we are headed in and with continued effort we will be improved in the future. I have recently added two new assistants to our staff that we feel will help us tremendously this spring and fall. We have averaged between 15-18 kids per day in the weightroom and although those numbers aren't overwhelming, I feel that it is a great start. We need to develop those kids strength and speed wise and everyday we teach and discuss football concepts with our kids to help improve our football IQ. We have some tremendous backs and receivers coming back next year and with a strong, disciplined and fundamentally sound offensive and defensive line we should have more of an opportunity to compete. Our focus on the classroom is beginning to pay off and I truly believe that we will not lose kids to eligibility during the summer or preseason next year. We were hit very very hard with the loss of a few key players for us last year during the preseason and we are working hard to create an appreciation for the classroom that will prevent things like that from happening in the future. Overall, we are focused mainly on one thing... developing well rounded and disciplined individuals. If we can create an environment that is advantageous for our kids and their futures then winning football games will be a by-product of that mission. :thumb:

Finally someone agrees with me from Paris ! :scared:

Parispride, glad to hear that the off season is going well. Sounds like you are trying to put the players in a place to win. I am also glad to hear that you are having better participation. We all know that this time of the year is important, and it looks like you are trying to make the best of it. Good luck to Paris, I wish them well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.