Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-season 12th Region Baseball

Featured Replies

Feb. 15th and Baseball, will be here very shortly. Let's use this thread to discuss the 12th Region, Teams, Players to watch, Schedules, Sr college commits and the season.

 

Boyle County

Burgin

Casey County

Danville

East Jessamine

Garrard County

Lincoln County

McCreary County

Mercer County

Monticello

Pulaski County

Rockcastle County

Somerset

Southwestern

Wayne County

West Jessamine

  • Replies 45
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Somerset will be the team to beat. They won the region last year and return most of their team. Mercer Co. and West Jess. will also be very good.

I'm hoping that Tanner Perkins will be healthy to begin the seaosn on the mound for the Rockcastle County Rockets. He blew out his knew in the Rockets football game against Wayne County this past season. If he's on the mound, I like the Rockets chances against the rest of the region although I'm not sure what they have as a #2, #3 and so on.

One has to think that Somerset, West Jessamine, & Mercer Co. would have to be the favorites. But, I wouldn't sleep on Boyle Co. they are returning a very solid group and they are always tough. And there are always the teams that reload and have solid programs Rockcastle Co., Southwestern, Danville, Pulaski Co., & East Jessamine. A sleeper might be Lincoln Co. they are returning a solid group.

I think Pulaski will be relying heavily on young kids (fr. and soph), if they play at all. Several of the better middle schoolers have said that they may not play.

 

Somerset, Mercer, and West should lead the pack.

West Jessamine could have easily won the region title last year, they were slow getting started in the title game and that cost them more than anything in my opinion.

Besides Somerset, Mercer, Boyle and Lincoln the rest of the regions starting line-ups are going to be full of a bunch of Freshman and Sophmores.

West Jessamine could have easily won the region title last year, they were slow getting started in the title game and that cost them more than anything in my opinion.

Slow getting started? They were up 6-0 after 4 innings, before Somerset blew it open with 10 run inning. I like Somerset, Rock, West and Mercer should be the favorites.:thumb:

I think everyone agrees that Somerset, West, and Mercer are the teams to beat. But I think many will be surprised with Boyle's team, they have a potent offense returning. If they can develop some pitching then they will be tough to beat. After Danville graduated the core of there team Boyle should have an easy road to the Region tournament, the 45th district is there's for the taking. But I am sure Danville, Garrard, & Lincoln will all put up a good fight.

I think everyone agrees that Somerset, West, and Mercer are the teams to beat. But I think many will be surprised with Boyle's team, they have a potent offense returning. If they can develop some pitching then they will be tough to beat. After Danville graduated the core of there team Boyle should have an easy road to the Region tournament, the 45th district is there's for the taking. But I am sure Danville, Garrard, & Lincoln will all put up a good fight.

 

I hope all Boyle's players feel that way. Boyle should be the favorit, but I think this District is going to be the most evenly matched as it has been in a long time. Lincoln returns alot also and I'm sure Danville won't be all that bad.

I hope all Boyle's players feel that way. Boyle should be the favorit, but I think this District is going to be the most evenly matched as it has been in a long time. Lincoln returns alot also and I'm sure Danville won't be all that bad.

 

I agree with everything you have to say. Boyle is or should be the favorite, they have a very good group returning and are well coached. Danville will always be a tough team to beat. Coach Morse will have his team prepared and they will be tough come tournament time. Lincoln should have a pretty solid group returning too. It's hard to know what to expect from this group, but there is some good talent there and they have steadily improved over the past two seasons.

Which District is the toughest in the 12th? I like the Rockets District with SHS, PC and Casey. Go Rockets!! Tanner Perkins's knee is healthy.

Which District is the toughest in the 12th? I like the Rockets District with SHS, PC and Casey. Go Rockets!! Tanner Perkins's knee is healthy.

 

Somerset will be very good and Rock. will be good with Perkins on the mound, but PC and Casey are both holding this Dist. back. My vote goes to the 46th and then the 45th.

Somerset will be very good and Rock. will be good with Perkins on the mound, but PC and Casey are both holding this Dist. back. My vote goes to the 46th and then the 45th.

You are probably right. I was leaning toward Mercer's District.

I would probably put the districts in this order 46th (Mercer & West), 45th (Boyle, Danville, & Lincoln), 47th (Somerset & Rock), and 48th (Southwestern & McCreary or Wayne). It may be a push between the 45th and the 47th though. The 47th may have the better team, but the 45th I think has more delth.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.