Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Scott High

Featured Replies

I don't think it's been coaching the last 30 years. I question all the Athletes walking around the hall not playing(was there a little bit ago and didn't see any;)I was expecting to see the Monsters of the midway the way people talk about the halls of Scott High School:eek:)

 

They're needs to be total dedication from the players and the coaches.

 

 

How many "Monsters of the Midway do you see in high school football? Scott has just as many big boys as any other schools, but when people talk about the kids at Scott they talk about the ATHLETES not big kids.

just saying the times I've been at Scott I don't see all the athletes that some claim to be walking the halls.

just saying the times I've been at Scott I don't see all the athletes that some claim to be walking the halls.

 

Then you have been after school, if they could get some of the atheltes of the sucessful basketball, baseball, soccer, track and field athletes and so on that don't play football to play, they would have more athletes to compete.

Let's not think that if they get more athletes from the so called successful programs at Scott that will make a difference. These kids in these other sports that don't play football don't because it could be the over all commitment that football takes, which is by far more than any other high school sport. Spring practices practicing in the extreme heat of summer just about every night and when school begins practicing every day after school. What I am trying to say is it would be nice to get more kids out for the football team but the ones who don't play just don't want to fool with the total commitment football brings. I love Scott and will always do anything I can for any sport at the school.

Then you have been after school, if they could get some of the atheltes of the sucessful basketball, baseball, soccer, track and field athletes and so on that don't play football to play, they would have more athletes to compete.

 

Being good at one sport does not make you a good Football player.

Let's not think that if they get more athletes from the so called successful programs at Scott that will make a difference. These kids in these other sports that don't play football don't because it could be the over all commitment that football takes, which is by far more than any other high school sport. Spring practices practicing in the extreme heat of summer just about every night and when school begins practicing every day after school. What I am trying to say is it would be nice to get more kids out for the football team but the ones who don't play just don't want to fool with the total commitment football brings. I love Scott and will always do anything I can for any sport at the school.

 

It certainlly wouldn't hurt, but i agree with everything else your saying. And the rest of the programs have and are currently and in the past seen sucess.

Then you have been after school, if they could get some of the atheltes of the sucessful basketball, baseball, soccer, track and field athletes and so on that don't play football to play, they would have more athletes to compete.

Tough for a kid to play both soccer and football (not just kick but play). Looking over the basketball roster seems like many of those kids play or have played football. Same with baseball/track I beleieve (although in track many of the runners are on the CC team). Again the urban legend that Scott High is over run with athletes is a myth -I believe.

I believe on the basketball roster you have Adkins and Bianchi that played this year. The only other kid that plays basketball that played football at Scott is the O' Connor kid and he quit after Freshmen year to concentrate on basketball.

Scott's new coach said that Kyle Brunner (who will be really missed at CCH) is one of the finest D-linemen he's ever coached AND he can easily play NAIA at Gtown College.

Scott's new coach said that Kyle Brunner (who will be really missed at CCH) is one of the finest D-linemen he's ever coached AND he can easily play NAIA at Gtown College.

 

Kyle is a great Athlete, and will has the ability to play at the next level, he is fast and strong and has played in big games ( He had over 20 tackles and 4 sacks in the quarter and semi finals combined the year Cov. Cath most recently won state as a soph.) For this team to be as sucessful as they can be, I belive they should put the ball in his hands as the tail back and just let him make things hapen.

Trevor Forrester should help out a lot along with Kyle Bruner. I believe with Kyle and Trevor at linebacker that should be a pretty solid duo. Those two should be #1 and #2 as far as leading tacklers go as well.

Reyes will be the leading tackler by a large margin. Bruener will be a solid fullback on offense, only time will tell on Trevor he has a tendacy to get injured to often but if he can stay healthy he will help tremendously on defense.

Reyes will be the leading tackler by a large margin. Bruener will be a solid fullback on offense, only time will tell on Trevor he has a tendacy to get injured to often but if he can stay healthy he will help tremendously on defense.

 

How is Trevor doing I noticed he got injured in the first scrimmage against Llyod.

Trevor got injured their first scrimage. Sat out all of this week, and didnt play in their scrimage on Friday. Today he tried to practice and couldn't. He will be sitting out this week for their season opener against Walton. They are trying to get him healthy so his injury doesn't get worse. I don't see Reyes being their leading tackler. Top 3 yes. By the end of the season I look for Bruner to be 1, then Trevor (if he stays healthy) and Reyes, to be 2 and 3.

Trevor got injured their first scrimage. Sat out all of this week, and didnt play in their scrimage on Friday. Today he tried to practice and couldn't. He will be sitting out this week for their season opener against Walton. They are trying to get him healthy so his injury doesn't get worse. I don't see Reyes being their leading tackler. Top 3 yes. By the end of the season I look for Bruner to be 1, then Trevor (if he stays healthy) and Reyes, to be 2 and 3.

 

Hate to hear that. I hope he get healthy I know the Eagles could use him. Good Luck in the opener.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.