Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery Co 63 Campbell Co 54

Featured Replies

Its unfortunite that players have been taught that its O.K. to push or pull on an opponents jersey as long as their not caught. Like so many other instances in sports, as long as the finale result is victory its fine. Lets call an ace an ace. If a player does something he knows is againts the rules on purpose then isn't he cheating ? Stewie believes sportsmanship is a lot more than shaking hands after the game. What ever happen to playing fair. You don't get to pick and chose when your going to be a honorable person. Its called ethics and it should be practiced on and off the field of play.Come on Coaches. Its a lot more than wins and losses. My Sunday sermon is over.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying the Camels should'nt play the easy teams they play but Reitz had a tendency to schedule the easy ones at the start of the season instead of spacing them out a little. Just look at last years results and see all the losses towards the seasons end. A balanced schedule can give your team a confidence boost or a challenge when they need it.

Are you kidding? Stevens played dirty all night the kid had a T and fouled out of the game. There is a fine line between playing physical and playing dirty and this team has crossed it. They intentionally fouled Nerl at the end of the third, they were pushing in the back and pulling jerseys all game long.

 

Its unfortunite that players have been taught that its O.K. to push or pull on an opponents jersey as long as their not caught. Like so many other instances in sports, as long as the finale result is victory its fine. Lets call an ace an ace. If a player does something he knows is againts the rules on purpose then isn't he cheating ? Stewie believes sportsmanship is a lot more than shaking hands after the game. What ever happen to playing fair. You don't get to pick and chose when your going to be a honorable person. Its called ethics and it should be practiced on and off the field of play.Come on Coaches. Its a lot more than wins and losses. My Sunday sermon is over.

 

 

Puke

 

There were no dirty plays.

 

Didn't the kid get to shoot 3 free throws at the end of the 3rd quarter because of the dumb INCIDENTAL foul? Why in the world would they want to intentionally foul that kid when he was shooting a 3 pointer?

 

I'm not going to justify the tech because it's never ok, but the Camels did chin-ups on his arms when he went to the basket and nothing was called. I don't blame him for getting frustrated.... not a tech, but frustrated.

 

You might want to produce some proof if you're going to accuse coaches of teaching their players to play dirty...

 

:walk:

Puke

 

There were no dirty plays.

 

Didn't the kid get to shoot 3 free throws at the end of the 3rd quarter because of the dumb INCIDENTAL foul? Why in the world would they want to intentionally foul that kid when he was shooting a 3 pointer?

 

I'm not going to justify the tech because it's never ok, but the Camels did chin-ups on his arms when he went to the basket and nothing was called. I don't blame him for getting frustrated.... not a tech, but frustrated.

 

You might want to produce some proof if you're going to accuse coaches of teaching their players to play dirty...

 

:walk:

 

A. I didn't mean that they fouled him because the coach called it. I mean that they shiould have called it intentional

 

B. I never accused the coach of teaching the players to play this way. If anyone played for Montogomery they would end up playing this way because they get away with it most of the time.

 

C. On that foul the ball was out of his hand and half way to the basket when the other player basically THREW him down.

 

I bet when Nerl tried out for the team he thought he was playing basketball not rugby.

First , your kidding yourself if you think the coaches don't see these tactics. I'm talking about all coaches. When they see it and don't stop it then it's the same as encouraging it. I don't make charges against specific teams or coaches. I'm speaking in general terms. We like to kid ourselvse about how sports teaches kids all these valuable lessons about life but we can't even teach them to play fair. I'm sorry you think teaching kids to play within the rules is pukie. I guess golf is the last honorable sport.

wow! you actually think Campbell is better than montgomery. First of all the indians have beat them twice in the past nine days at two different places. second, I would like to see Campbell play Mason a game like the indians did today. They have no qaulity wins and are the fourth best team in the region behind mason, montgomery, and clark.

wow! you actually think Campbell is better than montgomery. First of all the indians have beat them twice in the past nine days at two different places. second, I would like to see Campbell play Mason a game like the indians did today. They have no qaulity wins and are the fourth best team in the region behind mason, montgomery, and clark.

 

Yes i do. The first time they won campbell was leading at the break and the inexperience factor came into play, the second time the camels should have won if it wasn't for poor free throw shooting down the stretch and panic indused turnovers. I don't care what they did against Mason. A loss is a loss wether you lose by 2 or 22. If they beat them then you'd have something to talk about. They don't have quality wins because they haven't played anyone worth sweating about yet, including MC. And I'm guessing your ranking came straight from the BGP PRE-SEASON rankings?

Yes i do. The first time they won campbell was leading at the break and the inexperience factor came into play, the second time the camels should have won if it wasn't for poor free throw shooting down the stretch and panic indused turnovers. I don't care what they did against Mason. A loss is a loss wether you lose by 2 or 22. If they beat them then you'd have something to talk about. They don't have quality wins because they haven't played anyone worth sweating about yet, including MC. And I'm guessing your ranking came straight from the BGP PRE-SEASON rankings?

 

That makes no sense considering we have beat you twice? But I guess you still don't sweat us...

Regarding the officiating in last night's game, having actually watched most of the game; I agree it wasn't the best, but it was somewhat consistant. They let way too much physical play go on, both in the paint and outside. Guards were basically hanging on one another, and inside was a blood bath--Very surprized there wasn't a fight or two. Difference IMO was CC missed their freebies and had a few untimely turnovers. MC has proven the better team so far, but the season is still young and I think they may meet again.

 

Haven't seen Clark yet, but have a feeling they may be the second best team in the 10th, and seem to get the most out of their talent. Montgomery has some real athleticism and size, but doesn't appear to make the most of it. Thought they were out of control and played "not very smart" basketball. Kind of a moot point as I still don't see anyone beating Mason!!

That makes no sense considering we have beat you twice? But I guess you still don't sweat us...

 

Well considering both times we either had a lead late or were tied i don't think that that means your team is better, more experienced but not better. The Camels only have 4 seniors on the team one of which doen't play at all. With the exception of Rash, Who is top 2 or 3 in the state, I dont believe you have a defensive player that is anywhere near Nerl. CC forced MC to play their style of basketball which is slow and low scoring. When I watch a game and see that a team can alter the other teams playing style that much I would have to say that they are the better team. We have a team of supurbly talented athletes who could excell at any sport. This team is just more talented overall than Montgomery. When we play tates creek on the 1/19 we'll see if we can beat a team that you have lost to. Also we play Mason on 1/15. Maybe you should make the trip and see if they give them a game. I'll save you a seat.

Plain and simple.. MC beat Campbell twice in the past 2 weeks. Once might have been a fluke, but twice? Montgomery has to be the better team as of now.:thumb:

Well considering both times we either had a lead late or were tied i don't think that that means your team is better, more experienced but not better. The Camels only have 4 seniors on the team one of which doen't play at all. With the exception of Rash, Who is top 2 or 3 in the state, I dont believe you have a defensive player that is anywhere near Nerl. CC forced MC to play their style of basketball which is slow and low scoring. When I watch a game and see that a team can alter the other teams playing style that much I would have to say that they are the better team. We have a team of supurbly talented athletes who could excell at any sport. This team is just more talented overall than Montgomery. When we play tates creek on the 1/19 we'll see if we can beat a team that you have lost to. Also we play Mason on 1/15. Maybe you should make the trip and see if they give them a game. I'll save you a seat.

 

Campbell is playing much better ball this year, especially defensively; but you might want to be careful what you ask for here--These are two pretty good teams??

Campbell is playing much better ball this year, especially defensively; but you might want to be careful what you ask for here--These are two pretty good teams??

 

I'm very aware of that but I do think they could keep it inside 20 against Mason and possibly beat TC. I am in no way giving them these victories.

I'm very aware of that but I do think they could keep it inside 20 against Mason and possibly beat TC. I am in no way giving them these victories.

 

Tates Creek is a decent team but is 6-7, and Montgomery beat them by 19; so I'd hope the Camels could compete. Mason is in a different league, and the final margin would depend on their motivation I'd guess??

Tates Creek is a decent team but is 6-7, and Montgomery beat them by 19; so I'd hope the Camels could compete. Mason is in a different league, and the final margin would depend on their motivation I'd guess??

 

According to the Montgomery web-site they didn't win by 19, MC lost by 19.

 

http://www.mchsbasketball.com/schedule.php

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.