Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fastpitch 2008

Featured Replies

Who is the on top to start the year ? Ryle should be near the top simply because of Kirsten Allen .Who else returns alot and who can step up to compete for state ?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montgomery County in the 10th Region looks pretty stong. They have several returning players and I think 6 or 7 seniors.They have a pitcher who is a sophomore Paige Compton who is throwing the ball great with alot of control and great speed,she has alot of junk pitches as well.They have a senior pitcher KK Oaks and a Freshman pitcher Erin Charles who are both looking very good.They went to the state tournament last year and I think they will be there again this year.I don,t know what Scott County has this year they lost a good pitcher in Jordan Blair when she graduated.

Mason county lost players??? What do you mean? Were they contenders anyway last year?????

Who is the on top to start the year ? Ryle should be near the top simply because of Kirsten Allen .Who else returns alot and who can step up to compete for state ?

 

I watched Kirsten Allen Pitch all those games at the state tournament last year and I must say she is the real deal her arm must be made out of steel. I think Ryle would have maybe done alittle better if she hadn't played so many games. Is she still going to Oklahoma?

Mason county lost players??? What do you mean? Were they contenders anyway last year?????

 

They were in the district. Their matchup between Bracken has always been close. Mason beat them by 7 the first meeting, then lost by about the same margin the second meeting. Then in the finals, their pitcher suffered an injury when it was 1-0 and had to leave the game. They also gave Montgomery a pretty good game until their 2nd pitcher came in. They weren't up for the regional title, but they had some talented and dedicated seniors. Losing them will make their season even thougher than they were last year.

 

And.. this thread wasn't about being contenders. It was just titled 2008 Fastpitch Softball, so I was just stating that they were losing some key players.

Anderson County will be tough this year - Lost two players off a team that lost 1-0 to Oldham County in regional finals. Courtney Turpin is one of the best sophomores in the state.:p:p

Rowan and then maybe Russell in 16th followed by Ashland and Raceland.

16th should be wide open this year. Some Russell pitchers have been working their tales off all winter long. Be interesting to see how well they do!

I can't wait for the post-season because I've heard that Holmes might be the "host school" for the 9th Region Tournament and if so, then the regional would most likely be held at the Frank Ignatius Grein Softball Field on the campus of Northern Kentucky University.....which means that yours truely would most likely be the PA announcer for it.

I watched Kirsten Allen Pitch all those games at the state tournament last year and I must say she is the real deal her arm must be made out of steel. I think Ryle would have maybe done alittle better if she hadn't played so many games. Is she still going to Oklahoma?

 

Yes, she's still an OU commit.

I can't wait for the post-season because I've heard that Holmes might be the "host school" for the 9th Region Tournament and if so, then the regional would most likely be held at the Frank Ignatius Grein Softball Field on the campus of Northern Kentucky University.....which means that yours truely would most likely be the PA announcer for it.

 

NKU is the best place and should be the only place for the 9th region tourney.

 

 

 

 

Despite the twang of the PA guy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

:laugh:

NKU is the best place and should be the only place for the 9th region tourney.

 

 

 

 

Despite the twang of the PA guy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

:laugh:

 

 

Hey why not add a little southern twist to the northern part of the state? LOL.

 

I really enjoy doing it. Baseball and softball are my favorite sports to do the PA because some how I make my voice deeper for them and I think it sounds much better than when I do volleyball. I worked a bunch of Knothole games this past summer and the parents loved the work that I put into the games.

 

Oh and while I'm talking about the 9th Region.....the KHSAA has two districts listed as TBA in the list of districts throughout the state. Have the NKY regions been redistricted due to some of the slow-pitch teams coming over to fast-pitch?

Yes there are new districs, 4 instead of two.

Yes there are new districs, 4 instead of two.

 

Weren't there more than 2 last year?

 

Holmes, HHS, NDA in one.

Dixie in one.

Conner, Boone, Ryle in one.

NCC in one.

 

Is my memory bad?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.