Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th vs others

Featured Replies

Boone over GRC. NDA over Padacuh Tighlman. Chalk 2 more up for the 9th.

Here are what I consider significant games played thus far by the 9th's better teams and you can see that this year the 9th is down from previous years but certainly not terrible.

 

Boone Co:

66-44 Win over McCauly (OH)

75-53 Loss to Fern Creek

 

Highlands:

75-52 Loss to S. Oldham

57-48 Loss to Simon Kenton

 

NCC:

63-38 Loss to Dunbar

62-46 Loss to Sacred Heart

64-58 Loss to Glen Este (OH)

55-39 Win over Nature Coast (FLA)

 

ND:

67-50 Loss to Montgomery Co.

57-41 Win over St. Ursula (OH)

57-52 Loss to Assumption

60-42 Win over Seton (OH)

42-37 Win over Ursuline (OH)

 

Ryle:

75-45 Loss to Glen Este (OH)

 

There have been some other wins by 9th region teams over average teams such as Ryle over Madison Central 51-50 but then you see what happened when they played a quality team (and Glen Este is I believe 3-2 against Ohio teams).

 

Still a lot of games to be played and a few NKY teams get a crack at Sacred Heart and Montgomery Co later in the year. Conner is 6-0 but gets into the tough part of the schedule soon and will start taking some lumps.

Highlands over Bishop Brossart

And the wins are starting to pile up for the 9th.:lol:

 

Play fair now.

 

Sacred Heart 50 Boone Co 49

 

Henry Clay 64 NCC 56

 

Games that both 9th region teams could have won but lost in the 4th quarter.

losses to two pretty good teams

losses to two pretty good teams

 

That's the point. Total wins and losses by a region don't mean all that much. Quality games do.

 

BTW

 

Lexcath 61 ND 48

 

Cov. Holy Cross after running off three straight wins against non-9th region teams lost to Dunbar 38-19.

  • Author
Boone over GRC. NDA over Padacuh Tighlman. Chalk 2 more up for the 9th.

 

Why did you stop , I no why It was getting bad ....Lets put it this way take your top 3-4 teams NDA,B.C,Conner,maybe Highlands put them up with all other top 3 in there region they get beat .I donot think watching teams that or 4-5 or worth watching it gets :scared::scared: after that .

Why did you stop , I no why It was getting bad ....Lets put it this way take your top 3-4 teams NDA,B.C,Conner,maybe Highlands put them up with all other top 3 in there region they get beat .I donot think watching teams that or 4-5 or worth watching it gets :scared::scared: after that .

 

I'm just grabbing scores from here. Actually I don't have enough free time or really actually care that much to keep a tally. 9th region bball is what it is, including the boys side.

Merry Xmas!:dancingpa

I think one thing that needs to be considered when discussing talent level is why a certain sport may be "down". I look at what sports the girls are participating en masse. Its not bball. Lets look at Highlands Middle school. Take

6th grade and tell me how many girls are playing bball. Now how many play soccer? Volleyball? Dance? Cheer? Its the same way for the boys and football. Personally I like the girls teams in NKY and I will support our program.

In an attempt to make some sense of this thread.

 

Yes, the 9th is probably a little down this year from previous years. Mainly because top dog Boone County had several things happen that brought them back to the pack. And in the previous years BC, Notre Dame, NCC, Holy Cross and maybe 1 other team per year like a Holmes or St. Henry could actually play pretty well with down state competition. If you look back at past Cantrall or LIT rating the 9th's Top 5 teams were pretty much in the equal to any other regions Top 5 teams.

 

So this year is simply just a down year.

You are exactly right, it is simply a down year compared to the past few. On the other hand it will make for a number of close games since there are a number of teams bunched together. I think it is good for the region to have this many teams in the running, so lets just sit back and enjoy the season and not be concerned with other regions.

You are exactly right, it is simply a down year compared to the past few. On the other hand it will make for a number of close games since there are a number of teams bunched together. I think it is good for the region to have this many teams in the running, so lets just sit back and enjoy the season and not be concerned with other regions.

 

I'm with you. Go LadyBirds!!:dancingpa

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.