Kragthorpe/UL press conference 3:00pm

Xtiger69

1) There are people out of Dallas saying he was there Sunday.

2) I think there's no way he's announcing that he's leaving. He's either staying and saying so, or leaving and lying. With Kragthorpe, I don't think he's lying. This guy has kept his mouth shut even when it would have been to his benefit to say something, anything.

The fact that HE called this press conference means he's staying, IMO. But you never know.

My guess, since a PC has been scheduled, I'll say his announcement is he's leaving. I don't see or recall many, where coaches said they are staying, unless very high profile in status.

Whatever he decides, I wish him the best.

There's been a lot of chatter to the tune of 'If he's staying/not a candidate, why doesn't he say so? His silence means he's going' so I have to disagree with you.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/bennett/blog.html

There is no press conference scheduled at SMU, for what that's worth. I just spoke with Kate Hairopoulos, SMU beat writer for the Dallas Morning News, and she told me there doesn't appear to be any type of announcement or movement imminent at that school. She had just left the office of SMU AD Steve Orsini.

One would think if Kragthorpe were to announce he was leaving, there would also be something scheduled at SMU. But we'll find out for sure in about 90 minutes.

^Couldn't he just be announcing he's resigning as of the end of the season, and then once the season ends have an announcement that he's going to SMU? I mean when has a coach ever in midseason announced he's taking a job at another school?
SMU has already fired their coach. And for the other question, there was a coach last year that took over his new team and coached them to a bowl victory. Who was that again, GT?

I think that Jurich told Krag's that sometimes it's better to let the fans in. Personally I think this is a presser that he's staying, with that, I look for a much more open year next season. Job 1, is too prepare the 2008 Cards for the best season they can have. Job 2, is PR work with this fan base.

SMU has already fired their coach. And for the other question, there was a coach last year that took over his new team and coached them to a bowl victory. Who was that again, GT?

But that all occurred after the regular season was over, didn't it? I'm saying when the regular season isn't even over yet.