Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby Smith

Featured Replies

Can I ask why people hate and hate on Tubby Smith? I know, I know that the guy didn't bring Kentucky fans championships and all the final fours they would want, but the guy is a heck of a coach. Smith has done a lot in his coaching career. He has won at Tulsa, Georgia, and Kentucky. I also know that Smith has passed up on some good players ( Lofton, Hansbrough just to name a few ) but look at the players he has got. I am not a UK fan at all but I did enjoy watching Smith coach because I never knew why people always disliked the man. Like I said earlier I know the lack of NC's and going deep into March Madness hurt him, but come on. The guy has won over 380 games in less than 15 season. Give him some love.

 

Tubby's career...

 

Tulsa - 79-43. Led Tulsa to back to back Missouri Valley confrence season championships and took them to back to back Sweet 16's. Win's against UCLA, Illinois, and Oklahoma State.

 

Georgia - 45-19. Had back to back 20 win seasons. Took them to the Sweet 16. Wins against Clemson and Purdue.

 

Kentucky - 263-83. Won NCAA championship in 1998. Won 5 SEC season and tournament championships. 6 Sweet 16 finishes and 4 Elite Eight finishes. Had many big wins while at UK.

 

Personally, if you really want to know, it's because he promoted Papa John's Pizza (a Louisville based company) and Rafferty's (which I prefer Outback Steakhouse). That's my reasoning for the Tubby debacle.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.