Pulaski County 12 McCreary Co. 0 (JV)

Maroon Fan

Sorry Maroon Fan, but R.C. does not start corner, he spots for #80 and

#12..I now the family and young man very well..;) But I do agree that no one would want to take a risk with a starter just for a JV game....I still feel that you shouldn't waste the whole season with an athlete like White..IMO they should have let him play JV for the experience..He is fast, and has got great hands.... They should make sure these younger boys get as much play time as possible before they get to the Varsity leval...:thumb:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that exactly what they are doing? The JV team is undefeated & playing for the conference championship on Monday. Why would you want to move those 5 kids down to JV, taking valuable time away from the younger kids, & risking getting someone hurt? All 5 Sophmore kids starting varsity are gettting plenty of experience as well as all the younger kids on the JV & Freshman teams. By the way, the Freshman team is also undefeated, so it appeaers that all the kids are getting much needed experience @ every level. PC is 19-1 overall this year when you combine all teams records.

At PC , if you start on the varsity team you do not play JV or Freshman, period. The point I was trying to make is the first time these 2 played it was a "true" JV game. McCreary absolutely loaded up for this game. Why do you risk getting a varsity starter hurt in a JV game? And, if the kids who played in this game don't start varsity, where were they the first time around? Just makes it look fishy to show up w/ a competely different team for the playoffs.

If they did bring extra players, how do you know they were varsity starters? Many schools with small rosters can't spare what would normally be JV players because they are needed to give the varsity someone to practice against. Besides, if your goal is as you stated to gain experience for your young players, one would think you would rather play against better opposition than the team you beat 42-8 earlier.

At PC , if you start on the varsity team you do not play JV or Freshman, period. The point I was trying to make is the first time these 2 played it was a "true" JV game. McCreary absolutely loaded up for this game. Why do you risk getting a varsity starter hurt in a JV game? And, if the kids who played in this game don't start varsity, where were they the first time around? Just makes it look fishy to show up w/ a competely different team for the playoffs.

Whether maroon fan wants to admitt it or not the Raiders had the same team in the 2nd game as they had in the first with the exception of 1 player. The Raiders JV team has worked hard to get better and the first game wasn't a run away unless you want to count those points they scored against the 13 to 1st year players with the starting running backs still in the game for PC. We could go back and forth all day but the fact of the matter is: McCreary played a good game with their normal jv team +1(the Raiders always dress 30 + for JV) so just accept that fact.

Maroon Fan, first of all I never said put them back on JV, I said "Let the ones who don't start play some JV games for the experience" and there are a lot of players who have seen very little play time...As far as plenty of play time experience for the 5,maybe you should talk with a couple of these boys because I know a few that would disagree with you... Not to be rude but,there are some parents out there that are not real pleased and feel a lot of these boys are being over looked..This team has plenty of talent, and IMO, and some others they should start using more of it....

Maroon Fan, first of all I never said put them back on JV, I said "Let the ones who don't start play some JV games for the experience" and there are a lot of players who have seen very little play time...As far as plenty of play time experience for the 5,maybe you should talk with a couple of these boys because I know a few that would disagree with you... Not to be rude but,there are some parents out there that are not real pleased and feel a lot of these boys are being over looked..This team has plenty of talent, and IMO, and some others they should start using more of it....
The ones that don't get a lot of playing time on the varsity do play JV. Unless I am over looking over someone I don't think you have a valid point.:confused:

...there are some parents out there that are not real pleased and feel a lot of these boys are being over looked..

So now we get down to it. This team is off to the best start in school history & some parents are complaining about playing time? Are you kidding me? I'm sure the coaches are more than pleased w/ what's going on at PC, it's called WINNING! EVERY sophmore on the varsity team is seeing substantial minutes, & now that RC's knee is healthy again, look for him to step back into a major roll in the offense. He has been hurt for the last several weeks. I'm not a parent on the team, but parents need to let the coaches do their jobs & be VERY pleased that the TEAM is doing great this year! The future looks bright for this team for many years to come as well.

Already played McCreary in a pre-season scrimmage. PC handled them easily. McMcreary is getting much better every year, they're just a couple of years away from being pretty good.

I will agree, PC dominated the scrimmage and it really helped the Raiders to play against a very talented team. I new after watching PC in their scrimmage against the Raiders that they would shock some people this year. Thanks for the kind words Maroon Fan, I know the coaches and players are working very hard to build their program where they can be competitive. They will be losing a few seniors this year and only have 3 or 4 juniors so they are a relatively young team with 19 freshmen and 12 sophmores. So they are really optomistic about the future.

How many varsity player does McCreary have? I may have missed that. They have 33 JV players? Wow! Do they have close to 60 total on the team (JV and Varsity)?

I know this is after the fact but I heard one of the Refs who work both the JV game Monday and the McCreary/Bell game friday say that those players were the same. I don't know about that, but I do know that MC coaches made some seriously disparaging comments to the PC coaches after the 1st game, but I won't go into that. This is in the past, PC will now play S. Laurel for this Conference Championship.

I never said the parents were complaining about playing time..As far as I know none of the parents I have spoke with have ever said anything to a coach about thier son at all.....Everyone is glad PC is winning games.....There are some kids that do complain to the parents about not playing in games, or maybe playing very little, and I'm not just saying the Varsity boys.. And as far as letting the coaches do their job I don't see anyone stopping them parents and players are intitled to how they feel, and if it were my son I would feel the same way they do, because I do have a player on this team.....IMO it is great to win, but at what price? I know of 2 players who have quit within a week, and I won't given reason or names, but at what price is winning worth?

Here is your quote "...there are some parents out there that are not real pleased and feel a lot of these boys are being over looked.."

Not complaining, eh? Soooo, what would that be? I do know of 1 kid that quit & it had absolutely NOTHING to do w/ playing time or being overlooked. If you have a kid on the team, be happy & quit whining! It's actually these kind of parents that try to tear a team apart! Notice I said "TRY", becuase these kids are way too good to let a few whiners bring them down. You say noone is complaining, but that is EXACTLY what you are doing! This PC team has the potential to be special! Let's all enjoy it as long as it lasts!

How many varsity player does McCreary have? I may have missed that. They have 33 JV players? Wow! Do they have close to 60 total on the team (JV and Varsity)?

I know this is after the fact but I heard one of the Refs who work both the JV game Monday and the McCreary/Bell game friday say that those players were the same. I don't know about that, but I do know that MC coaches made some seriously disparaging comments to the PC coaches after the 1st game, but I won't go into that. This is in the past, PC will now play S. Laurel for this Conference Championship.

McCreary has 16 kids that are Varsity players. There are some JV players that get playing time on Fridays on one side of the ball and get most of their JV playing time on the other side of the ball. In order for kids to get better they have to have game time situations. So there might be 4 or 5 players that those refs may have seen on the field Friday and then again on Mon. but they are all under-classmen and all need to get playing time on one side of the ball or another because they don't get it on Friday nights. As for the refs, well their opinions on anything doesn't concern me because they are terrible, just terrible and of course from Pulaski Co. or they would not have been talking to the fans about stuff like that anyway. As for the 1st meeting, you are partially correct, a coach not coaches got very upset because the PC coach was calling reverses and such with less than a minute to play and the score being what it was. He is an assistant coach for the jv team and he reacted to what was perceived as lack of class coaching by acting in a way that was lacking in class. I don't agree with what the coach did, I was raised that two wrongs never make a right. He is a good coach and a nice guy but got upset and said something he wished he wouldn't have. Just remember that every coach and every fan of every team feels the same way about their players and team as you feel about yours so they wil get upset when they feel that the players or team is being done wrong. There is nothing wrong with being upset but as I have learned here on the BGP you must express yourself in a respectful manner. As far as we are concerned in McCreary Co. It has been a good season and we will look forward to the tough game against PC next year. Good luck in the finals PC and good luck to your Varsity team as well.

You stated earlier that in the 1st meeting between the 2, PC left the starting RB in the game until deep into the 4th Qtr. PC actually had 3 different RBs sharing time & all 3 are Freshmen. The kid who scored late in the game was a Freshman playing in his 2nd game as a Maroon. It wasn't meant to rub it in or run it up. PC wanted to get this kid some quality time, not just in the game while taking a knee. I guess each side sees it thru(whatever school color) glasses. Good luck to MC in the playoffs.