QUIET for the serve

I agree with EG, no different then yelling at a bb player during a free throw. If an athlete is affected by this then so be it. I am not saying that I think its right or wrong but any athlete that is focused can shut down any and all distractions, period.

Watch a college game they do it all the time.. You will see a fan 5 feet from the server screaming at the top of their lungs. There is a misconception with coaches and refs that it's illegal but I am pretty sure it's not.

:fight:

The coach of the home team should know the rules well enough to clear up the situation. If the ref is incorrect - he can shut up. If the ref is right- the kids can shut up and the coach can petition the KHSAA to change the rule.

IMO - let the kids yell and cheer.

Didn't make a bit of difference at last nights NCC,Campbell Co. game The gym was in a constant uproar from both sides during serves and play and it didn't look like it affected the players on either team . Great atmosphere for a great match.

Didn't make a bit of difference at last nights NCC,Campbell Co. game The gym was in a constant uproar from both sides during serves and play and it didn't look like it affected the players on either team . Great atmosphere for a great match.

Agree completely. In fact I think it would have been more unnerving to the servers if there had been absolute silence. What a great match. If you are ANY kind of sports fan and didn't thoroughly enjoy that match, you don't belong at sporting events.