JV: Conner 28 Ryle 7

monsoon

In a year where the varsity has struggled but played better each week, the JV won another game. This week they played a Ryle team with twice as many players. Both teams worked hard and Conner came out on top. Way to go Cougars!

In a year where the varsity has struggled but played better each week, the JV won another game. This week they played a Ryle team with twice as many players. Both teams worked hard and Conner came out on top. Way to go Cougars!

Conner's JV looked very good. Their passing game looked flat out awesome - the offensive line did a nice job, the QB was dead on, and the WR's made good plays. Hard not to be impressed.

Once again, Ryle's JV offense was by and large non-existent. Even their one TD was basically just a fluke. It was a nice catch, no doubt, but that pass will be competed about 1 out of 10 times at best. I guess the most bothersome thing is that there really hasn't been any improvement at all offensively from the first game. The defense has played pretty well this year, but they hadn't come up against a passing offense like Conner's until today.

Should have been 35 to 7 in one of the most bizzare calls from officials I have ever seen in the 1st quarter. Boden catches a pass from Samad (no contact before the catch) the defender was 5 yards away from him, after the catch Boden tried to stiff arm the defender and then he rambles into the endzone, fumbles the ball , two yards AFTER he crosses the line, it was picked up by Ryle and advanced to 10 yard line.

The call : Pass interference on the offense.... Raider ball!!!

Not enough coffee for the Zebras this morning on that one.....

Good game again from Champ (2 tds) also nice catches from Gill and Boden. Samad throwing some really nice balls today, and scrambling when it is there for him. Very heady QB with athleticism for a Soph. This JV squad is gaining confidence and there are very fun to watch.

Defense played another solid game. DT Utz with some nice stops today. And very good pass coverage on the 3rd down plays.

Vargo with a nice interception and run back to the one yard line.

More fans should come to the Saturday games this is a very entertaining JV sqad that plays together and for each other.

Again, I do not plan on posting these photos but if you did not buy photos ahead of time and you are interested in photos of your son please contact me at theguru@fuse.net for details.

I will say, if you are the parents of any of the following Conner players there are lots of good pictures of your son: 34, 6, 45, 80, 21, 12, 15, 26, 92, 38, 99.

There are also some pictures of many other Conner players.