Mercer Co/Hopkinsville Updates

hop82

I'll tell you what I saw Hoptown play HHS and they are not a very good football team....Mercer doesn't have a prayer against the big boys....I like how alot of people at the beginning of the year were saying that Mercer was going to be right up at the top of 5A....Those people might want to think again....:confused:

In Mercer's defense they did graduate a lot from last year's team. However, it just shows that it does make a difference when you are competing with other schools the same size.

Thanks for the 'in their defense' statement. It is true we did graduate many from last year's team, but that is no excuse at this point in the season. Yes, we had a great team last year, but this is a new year, different players (for the most part) and new class, 5A. I know lots of folks have been anxious to see how the Titans do in their 'real class', 5A, and I'll just say that from my standpoint, I'm a bit dissappointed. I still believe in them and know they'll be fine, just didn't anticipate losing these many games at this point in the schedule.

I'll tell you what I saw Hoptown play HHS and they are not a very good football team....Mercer doesn't have a prayer against the big boys....I like how alot of people at the beginning of the year were saying that Mercer was going to be right up at the top of 5A....Those people might want to think again....:confused:
That seems to be the case.