Russell vs Lewis County predictions

Jeepman

Who wins  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

I'm suprised nobody has brought it up yet. Coach Ivan McGlone will be going for win #300 Friday night.

You were about 1 hour ahead of me. I was coming home and thought I would say something and see that you have already. Great accomplishment.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, nothing like a good forum to settle any doubt about Russell's superiority over a struggling Lewis County team. Yeah, Yeah I know this is all about opinions and predictions, free speech, etc... Maybe Russell can bring up the middle school and finish out the 2nd half! Or possibly the JFL! I'll be the first to say that Russell is a stellar team, but so was Ashland, and I believe they will be again. I know what its like to go thru a devastatingly long season, and the character it takes for a high school kid to know he may not get one single win in his senior year, but he keeps on playing! Pride is one thing, arrogance is another. No, I'm not from Lewis County, in fact I'm not even one of their fans. I believe Russell will win this game, predictions are inevitable, just remember other kids read these posts. Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Prov. 16:18.

Wow, nothing like a good forum to settle any doubt about Russell's superiority over a struggling Lewis County team. Yeah, Yeah I know this is all about opinions and predictions, free speech, etc... Maybe Russell can bring up the middle school and finish out the 2nd half! Or possibly the JFL! I'll be the first to say that Russell is a stellar team, but so was Ashland, and I believe they will be again. I know what its like to go thru a devastatingly long season, and the character it takes for a high school kid to know he may not get one single win in his senior year, but he keeps on playing! Pride is one thing, arrogance is another. No, I'm not from Lewis County, in fact I'm not even one of their fans. I believe Russell will win this game, predictions are inevitable, just remember other kids read these posts. Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Prov. 16:18.

If you will look most of the comments on this thread are not from Russell fans. You are right. Every team has up and down cycles. Russell will have tough years. All schools do. I don't see alot of arrogance from the Russell side in this thread though.

Relax and take a deep breath. Since it appears you are new to BGP. Most of those posts are not from Russell people. Stick around a while and you will find that most of the Russell supporters are good people. Some go over the edge at times including me. I get on my band wagon at times and the GURU brings me back down to earth.

I'm not sure if KHSAA will allow middle school players to play in a varsity game.

I see you have been around since 2005. My apologies

I'm with you on this one. I think even though Lewis County may be down....they are busting their butts to get theirselves going in the right direction. Just like the Greenup County thread mentioned about theirselves....Lewis County has a lot of history also(and geography) to overcome. I just hate it for the kids and coaches that put the time and effort in and only come up with loses. I know if the community, administration, and kids (the ones not playing that should be) buy into the program that their coaches will turn things around. Good Luck to them on Friday Night. :thumb:

Often comments about one program, which may be down at the time, is taken as a knock but not intended in that manner. Lewis County is down this season and Russell, is undefeated and that makes some predictions/comments, seem untactful. Some may not be worded properly and others, just calling it, as they think it will happen.

It's never a good feeling, to watch a program you support struggle and assume comments, are snide remarks. Someone has to win, which means another must lose. Both will give their best efforts and no one is taking that away, so everyone is entitled to their opinions on BGP, if compliant with the Rules.

Let's all keep in mind, the student-athletes are the focus of the game and often, enjoy our site.

Nice article on Coach McGlone and going for win #300.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_278000206.html

Rocky Stanley is by far and away the best the Independent has to offer. Glad to see him doing a Russell article. :thumb: Here is too hoping he does the article for win #350 in a few years! :devil::fire: