Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 62 West Carter 14

Featured Replies

Final. Lots of good and bad for the Royals tonight. Details later.

Hmm... Russell battles against an East Carter team that Mason demolished... Mason County continue to roll on.

 

I am starting to think that Russell/Mason will be an all out war!

Score was Mason Co 7 West 6 with about 12 min left in second quarter.

 

Then it was all Royals. Royals Roll Big!

 

:flame:

First let me say congratulations to the Royals. Being a ECHS fan it always excites me when the Comets lose.:p Speaking of the Russell/Mason game it will definitely be a battle. From what I saw tonight on Raider field Russell may be in trouble. If these two teams squared off tomorrow my money would definitely be on Mason. Russell better not play Mason liked they played us. But Russell has Ivan and he definitely is a football coaching mastermind so it would be hard to count out Russell against any team. It will be a game to see though. Get your tickets early.

  • Author

The good: I have to start with special teams. Pooch kicks to open spots, squib kicks, deep kicks, a return for a TD. Coverage was outstanding for the second game in a row.

  • Author

The bad: I'll start with how the Royals responded to having their second play from scrimmage - a TD pass from Cox to Tolle - called back on a penalty. Not much of a response at all. Gave up an easy TD drive to West after scoring, West went for the 2-point conversion and didn't make it. Looked like MC was sleepwalking for the first quarter.

  • Author

More good. Mason takes care of business in the second quarter, racing out to a 35-6 lead. With starting TB Thompson sitting this one out, this was a chance for Pollitt, Jackson and several others to shine on offense. Lots of touches for guys who usually don't get quite as many chances.

 

Then Woods returns the 2nd half kickoff back for a TD, turnover on the next kickoff and another quick TD made it 49-7. Lots of valuable reps for the 2nd, 3rd stringers and freshmen.

  • Author

More bad: way too many missed assignments on defense. West did pile up some yards; and not all against the scrubs. You might not think so from the score, but Coach B will have some things to talk about on Monday. Didn't sound satisfied AT ALL in the post-game show.

Not suprised by this one at all. Mason Co continues to roll.

First let me say congratulations to the Royals. Being a ECHS fan it always excites me when the Comets lose.:p Speaking of the Russell/Mason game it will definitely be a battle. From what I saw tonight on Raider field Russell may be in trouble. If these two teams squared off tomorrow my money would definitely be on Mason. Russell better not play Mason liked they played us. But Russell has Ivan and he definitely is a football coaching mastermind so it would be hard to count out Russell against any team. It will be a game to see though. Get your tickets early.

I agree with you on this one. If Russell plays like they did tonight when they play Mason County they would get killed.

 

On the other side of that Russell did beat West 53-15 with the subs playing alot. I expect the Russell/Mason game to be real battle.

Hmm... Russell battles against an East Carter team that Mason demolished... Mason County continue to roll on.

 

I am starting to think that Russell/Mason will be an all out war!

Russell played with Jones hurting and the only TD came at the end of the game against the subs.

Russell played with Jones hurting and the only TD came at the end of the game against the subs.

No offense intended FBALL, but you sort of proved the point I was trying to convey with the post right before this when you said "if Russell plays like they did tonight then they will get killed".

 

I for one will be the first to admit that at the season's onset I figured that Russell would be a clear favorite against Mason County, but now I see this game as a tossup, and may actually give the Royals a slight edge with this game being played on their homefield.

No offense intended FBALL, but you sort of proved the point I was trying to convey with the post right before this when you said "if Russell plays like they did tonight then they will get killed".

 

I for one will be the first to admit that at the season's onset I figured that Russell would be a clear favorite against Mason County, but now I see this game as a tossup, and may actually give the Royals a slight edge with this game being played on their homefield.

No offense taken. I said before the season started that Mason County would be a major factor in 3A this year. I would not be suprised at all if they ended up in Louisville.

 

I also would not be suprised if Belfry or Breathitt or Russell ended up there. The east in 3A is loaded IMO.

No offense taken. I said before the season started that Mason County would be a major factor in 3A this year. I would not be suprised at all if they ended up in Louisville.

 

I also would not be suprised if Belfry or Breathitt or Russell ended up there. The east in 3A is loaded IMO.

Agreed... Sheldon Clark ain't too shabby either.

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.