LCA 42 Raceland 7

Guest Bluto

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to take anything away from LCA, because I think they would win this game anyway, but half of Raceland's team tonight was reserve players starting. It seems like either half the team is hurt or has quit in the last couple of weeks. I still think LCA is the better team, but they aren't 42-7 better than Raceland. Hopefully they will meet again in the playoffs and Raceland is healthy. Great job tonight LCA! And good effort Rams!

LCA is a very good team.They have alot of team speed and it is hard to get to the corners on them. They also have a good kicker that puts the ball in the end zone about every time that makes it hard for a team.They just out played the Rams tonight and they was alot better team,like it has been said before we was playing with reserve players not to take anything away from LCA they played a great game tonight and I think that Raceland would like to see them again down the road in the playoffs.All the reserve players that played is only going to make this Raceland team better down the road.

Good win for the Eagles. But I agree with several other posters in that Raceland did not have their best team out there. When they get their injured players back, they will be a better team.

Raceland has some GREAT players: #7 Sparks, #31, #3, #2.... All of those guys showed speed, skill and guts. I think it was #2 or #3 that got sandwiched between our DE and Hayden. The sound of that double hit was gigantic, but the kid just popped right up ---- tough.

Especially Sparks. I thought Raceland would get the ball to him more. Our CBs gave him a HUGE cushion. And he did well with yards-after-catch.

I'm not going to name names, but only one that I know for absolute certainty and another through the grapevine is an uncertainty. It just seems like they have had a rough couple of weeks with this and all of the injuries.

I have heard some of the same myself Freeze but no one knows for certain. I do know that there are reasons for any decisions and there is absolutely no team termoil in RamLand. I am not going to specualte or comment any further on anything like this now bc right now the people involved (if it is true) and the team cetainly does not need this talk. :thumb: JMO

how did the pre game performance go?? :D

It went fine: I didn't pull a "Roseanne", and I didn't forget the words (I had them printed out - you can't be too careful!)

I tried to Jazz it up a little bit.

Congratulations

To start with LCA played a great game and deserved to win. LCA has a great team and a great coaching staff. LCA is deserving of a high ranking in class 1A.

Injuries

It is true Raceland was missing 5 two way starters, due to injury. That is 10 starters. I don't think many people expected Raceland to win this game. We did expect to go out and compete and to work some things. One player tried to play with an injury, but could not play after the second quarter. The way I understand, at least 4 of those 5 injured players will be back next week. Those injuries cost us the East Carter game, all most cost us the Fairview game, and made this game a lot worse.

Discontent

There is no discontent on the Raceland football team. If someone quit, he quit. And if he quit he quit for personal regions not discontent from the football team. The coaches are up beat and expect to win and are expecting to be near full strength. The players I see are excited to get everyone back and to win games and make some noise in the playoffs.

LCA performance

I was there, again LCA is very good, but I was excited to see the sophomores that played Raceland do so well. I really expected the score to in the 40's by half time. But, the Raceland back-ups, as Bluto said, were very tough and played extremely hard. This was good to see, and we now know that if anyone else gets hurt we have some players to step up with some game experience.

LCA is a good team and will do very well this year. Raceland will recuperate and will be the underdog in the rest of their games, but will win most if not all of their games, and will meet LCA again. That game will be different, I won't say Raceland will win, but it will be different.

I was there.

I was looking for BGPers at the visitor's gate. I was going to stand there sporting my new toga, but my wife prevailed (she was working the gate with me) and I had to settle for hanging it from the fence.

I did, however, meet Volvokid. We spoke a bit at halftime, but both of us were mostly interested in watching the game!

I was looking for BGPers at the visitor's gate. I was going to stand there sporting my new toga, but my wife prevailed (she was working the gate with me) and I had to settle for hanging it from the fence.

I did, however, meet Volvokid. We spoke a bit at halftime, but both of us were mostly interested in watching the game!

When I arrived, just after the start of the game, a man was working the gate. Needless to say, he was unfamiliar with "Bluto". I just got a funny look when I asked.

When I arrived, just after the start of the game, a man was working the gate. Needless to say, he was unfamiliar with "Bluto". I just got a funny look when I asked.

I had to leave my post right before the start of the game.