Warren East 27 Bardstown 21

Jim Schue

I think people are giving Bardstown too much credit here. Warren East is a good team, very explosive, but Bardstown never adjusted to anything they did. Their defense looked poor, and their offense looked worse. Warren East should have won by four touchdowns. Bardstown is so predictable on offense. Dive, dive, dive, toss, dive, sack, fumble. Bardstown tried to pack it in and run over Warren East, which was not going to happen. Ok, so you should then try something different right? No, not at all. They kept trying to run up the gut. Playcalling in my opinion was really bad. Hats off to Warren East. Bardstown needs to go back to the drawing board.

Bardstown out played East in every way. Give them credit, they had a good game plan and East didn't adjust. East was in a funk on O almost all night. Hats off to Bardstown, they have a fine team and a fine crew of coaches.

I think you have the teams mixed up. Bardstown was definitely in a FUNK. Not Warren East.

I think people are giving Bardstown too much credit here. Warren East is a good team, very explosive, but Bardstown never adjusted to anything they did. Their defense looked poor, and their offense looked worse. Warren East should have won by four touchdowns. Bardstown is so predictable on offense. Dive, dive, dive, toss, dive, sack, fumble. Bardstown tried to pack it in and run over Warren East, which was not going to happen. Ok, so you should then try something different right? No, not at all. They kept trying to run up the gut. Playcalling in my opinion was really bad. Hats off to Warren East. Bardstown needs to go back to the drawing board.

If you believe the Tigers made no adjustments then you flat out were not paying attention. Bardstown went from a 3 man defensive front to a split five, and alternated blitzes from their corner and outside linebacker. They put Edelen in at corner to replace Larrow, to give them more size. They changed from man coverage the first 3 series to a 2 deep zone. What resulted was an interception, 3 QB sacks, a string of 9 straight incompletions for the WE QB and 3 of his last 16. WE did not cross the 50 but one time in the second half. WE had 90 yards, and only 4 yards net passing in the second half. If you don't call those adjustments, then I don't know what you call them.

I agree with you that the offense was dismal. It was NOT for lack of trying. When the fullbacks got no push (hard to get push on outside veer when your guards and centers are getting pushed into the backfield), they tried putting Scott up at fullback and running quick trap. Didn't work. Tried throwing earlier in the series, but a man would get through, QB would freeze and take a sack. If you were in the know, you would know that the coaches were actually designing plays on the sideline to compensate for personnel mismatches, and even used a few of them, particularly passing.

Whatever you want to call it, it certainly is not the play-calling or coaching that is failing the Tigers right now. They are not getting good blocking by the O-line and they are not getting great decision-making from their QB, and in the end, if the players don't make the plays, Vince Lombardi is not going to win if that happens.

The Tigers played better as a TEAM than they did last week, and made improvement in several areas of the game. Its a good team that needs to keep working, playing a brutally tough schedule. NewportCentralCatholic started the season 1-5 last year and won the state title. All the wolves are howling a the moon right now, but its only the dogs on the field who really matter, and this dog is gonna have its day.

Bruni told me himself that he was "flat-out outcoached" by the Bardstown staff.

i dont think bardstown is getting enough credit, they have a really good team and take the turn overs away and the two droped touchdown passes they are even better of a team. i think the play calling from bardstown was good, they had the ball inside the 30 goin in three time, fumbled the ball on the 15 i think the tigers are goin to be great and keep in mind the poor bardstown defense that kept WE to no points the whole second half. the tigers are going to be ok come playoff, there getting better every week.

If you believe the Tigers made no adjustments then you flat out were not paying attention. Bardstown went from a 3 man defensive front to a split five, and alternated blitzes from their corner and outside linebacker. They put Edelen in at corner to replace Larrow, to give them more size. They changed from man coverage the first 3 series to a 2 deep zone. What resulted was an interception, 3 QB sacks, a string of 9 straight incompletions for the WE QB and 3 of his last 16. WE did not cross the 50 but one time in the second half. WE had 90 yards, and only 4 yards net passing in the second half. If you don't call those adjustments, then I don't know what you call them.

I agree with you that the offense was dismal. It was NOT for lack of trying. When the fullbacks got no push (hard to get push on outside veer when your guards and centers are getting pushed into the backfield), they tried putting Scott up at fullback and running quick trap. Didn't work. Tried throwing earlier in the series, but a man would get through, QB would freeze and take a sack. If you were in the know, you would know that the coaches were actually designing plays on the sideline to compensate for personnel mismatches, and even used a few of them, particularly passing.

Whatever you want to call it, it certainly is not the play-calling or coaching that is failing the Tigers right now. They are not getting good blocking by the O-line and they are not getting great decision-making from their QB, and in the end, if the players don't make the plays, Vince Lombardi is not going to win if that happens.

The Tigers played better as a TEAM than they did last week, and made improvement in several areas of the game. Its a good team that needs to keep working, playing a brutally tough schedule. NewportCentralCatholic started the season 1-5 last year and won the state title. All the wolves are howling a the moon right now, but its only the dogs on the field who really matter, and this dog is gonna have its day.

Did I ever say that the defense did not make adjustments??? I said the offense did not, which THEY DID NOT. When you call toss, or dive, when you have second and long, or third and long, in the third and fourth quarter when it has not worked all night long, then yes I WILL question the playcalling. I agree the offensive line played bad, that was probably their biggest problem all night. However, when you run toss, the tackle, or guard is suppose to pull out and lead block. I never saw anyone lead blocking for Scott when he ran toss. You might as well feed him to the wolves. I have a right to criticize my Tigers when I feel the need, and right now there is a need.

I'd be curious to hear from the Warren East folks about how Bardstown and Fort Campbell compare. That could be a potential playoff matchup down the road.

Ive seen Barstown the past 2 years but havent this year and Ive seem Ft Campbell this year.. Since I havent seen the Tigers this year, its hard to say but comparing what I have seen of them the last 2 years and what I see of Ft Campbell this year, I'd give the slight edge to Bardstown.. Dont get me wrong, Ft Campbell dresses abt 50-55 kids, they have some really good looking athletes, but they are a little small in the trenches and there tacking technique needs some work.. They rely alot on the big play and Bardstowns speed could eliminate that part of the Falcons arsenal..It would be a good game and I would suspect a pretty high scoring game...

Did I ever say that the defense did not make adjustments??? I said the offense did not, which THEY DID NOT. When you call toss, or dive, when you have second and long, or third and long, in the third and fourth quarter when it has not worked all night long, then yes I WILL question the playcalling. I agree the offensive line played bad, that was probably their biggest problem all night. However, when you run toss, the tackle, or guard is suppose to pull out and lead block. I never saw anyone lead blocking for Scott when he ran toss. You might as well feed him to the wolves. I have a right to criticize my Tigers when I feel the need, and right now there is a need.

Your earlier post clearly said "Bardstown never adjusted," and had referenced the Warren East offense. You never differentiated between offense or defense.

You have an absolute right to criticize your Tigers. You also have a right to be called out on this board. If a guard is supposed to pull and doesn't, you blaming the coaches only fans flames that don't need to be fanned right now. Its a lot like Iraq, you can yell all you want to about how you support the troops but oppose the war, but the fact remains that you undermine the war effort by publicly pronouncing opposition.

Lot of talk on here about how bad Bardstown's O-line is...some of you may want to consider the fact that in three games now East's D-line has not had blocks sustained on them much. East is not big up front by any means, but they are very quick. I think Bardstown's O-line will be fine as well as their team. They have good things comming to them.

Lot of talk on here about how bad Bardstown's O-line is...some of you may want to consider the fact that in three games now East's D-line has not had blocks sustained on them much. East is not big up front by any means, but they are very quick. I think Bardstown's O-line will be fine as well as their team. They have good things comming to them.

Their nose was a pretty big kid.

Your earlier post clearly said "Bardstown never adjusted," and had referenced the Warren East offense. You never differentiated between offense or defense.

You have an absolute right to criticize your Tigers. You also have a right to be called out on this board. If a guard is supposed to pull and doesn't, you blaming the coaches only fans flames that don't need to be fanned right now. Its a lot like Iraq, you can yell all you want to about how you support the troops but oppose the war, but the fact remains that you undermine the war effort by publicly pronouncing opposition.

You are right. I did not differentiate between defense and offense. I do disagree with you stating that I am "publicly pronouncing opposition." I have bled purple and gold since I was born. I support every coach on that team 100%. I am sorry you think I am throwing coaches under the bus, but I certainly am not. Playcalling has been a hot topic in my day, as I am sure you are aware of, and I thought it was could have been better on Friday night. Just an opinion.

You are right. I did not differentiate between defense and offense. I do disagree with you stating that I am "publicly pronouncing opposition." I have bled purple and gold since I was born. I support every coach on that team 100%. I am sorry you think I am throwing coaches under the bus, but I certainly am not. Playcalling has been a hot topic in my day, as I am sure you are aware of, and I thought it was could have been better on Friday night. Just an opinion.

Fair enough.