Marshall Co. 31 Hopkinsville 13

hop82

Marshall put 2 TD's on the board in the final 4 minutes to put the game away. Hoptown had a 4th and 1 at the 50 with 4:25 to play down 17-13 but fumbled. Marshall's Williams scored 2 TD's after that.

Hopkinsville isn't blessed with "great" speed. They got above average speed but only 1 true burner and that's Vic Moulden who ran down Williams tonight and caught a 68 yard TD pass.

The Hoptown defense regressed this week as did their rushing game. Their passing game was tollerable but in 2 games a non threat. Although tonight their 2 WR's Dillard and Moulden combined for 11 catches so if the QB's can get them the ball their capable of opening things up.

Hopkinsville just doesn't have any explosiveness right now and with the poor QB play their going to have trouble scoring.

Special Teams played better for Hopkinsville tonight and QB Kyle Graham came in and did some things through the air. He's just not real big and he doesn't have escape speed but he is the better thrower of the QB's and he's got the best hands of the WR's.

Anytime you can get a win over Hoptown, it is a good day. But, this appears to be the least talented Tiger team I have seen in years, maybe ever. Allen Williams looked strong again and the marshall D was solid. I was really surprised to see the # of 2-way players Marshall had considering they dress 85 players. Hoptown has to figure something out at Qb or they are gonna have a long season. With the district they are in, they will surprise me to win more than 3 games this year unless they find soemthing and quick.

No speed at Hoptown, why? They always have speed and athletes. Where are they?

They don't have that speed burner except for Moulden who transferred in from Ft. Campbell. He's a low 4.5 guy everybody else is a 4.6 or higher. Joe Harris is probably a low 4.7 kid. In the past Hoptown had 3-4 low 4.5 players and 1 4.4 man like the Ethridge kid of a year ago. What this team lacks is that explosiveness that they've been blessed with in the past.

Right now their just not getting real good QB play but I expect that to change. Offensive Coordinator Rusty Goble did say numerous times that he was going to be patient early on and they could take some losses until the game slows down some for their QB. Kyle Graham made some plays in the passing game but he lacks that escape speed you like for your QB to have.

I could see Darnell Davis getting involved in the offense in the near future now that he's returned. He's their overall best athlete.