South Laurel 57 Lou Valley 36

A track meet. Both teams hurt themselves with penalties and Valley had trouble hanging onto the football. Was a back and forth game until the 4th quarter. South jumped on top 15-0. Valley struck back and took the lead 16-15. South led at half. It was tied 36-36 in the 3rd, but South reeled off 21 unanswered points, including a HUGE interception return for a TD which sealed the deal.

Not much defense, but a whole lotta offense. Ricky Bowling was on tonight. Ran for 2 scores and threw for quite a few TD's as well.

Good start for the Cardinals.

Both teams have several explosive offensive players, but both have some work to do on the defensive side. Sets up an interesting game between South Laurel and North Laurel next week at The Jungle. North had a defensive struggle in a 13-10 loss while South had a scorefest of a game.

This is a HUGE win for Coach Chappell and his staff. He has been under the gun after a disappointing first season last year, but the Cardinals get a win over the BGP #6 4A team by 3 TD's! WOW!!!

I can't wait for next weeks game against North and South.

Bowling looked good last night pretty much all game, so I'm looking forward to how good he's going to do against that tough North Laurel defense. South's D was basically a non-factor in the game last night and from my understand that was going to be a strong point on the team this year because of lack of quality receivers for Bowling to throw to but it was completely opposite last night.

How did Cody Quinn do?

Quinn rushed for 90 yds on 12 carries, some other stats include the Bowling kid going for 21 of 34 for 235 yds and 4 Td's while rushing for 2 more. SL rushed for almost 200 as a team and 7 different receivers caught passes on the night being led by the Bailey kid with over a 100 yds receiving.