Bardstown 39 Nelson County 14

Hearsay

1st ever victory for new Tiger head coach David Clark. Bardstown overcomes 5 turnovers, a dropped TD pass, and a bunch of penalties to win. Senior tailback Kelvin Scott had 14 carries, 263 yards, and 4 TD's, including scoring runs of 30, 65, 53, and 34 yards.

Nelson County got TD runs from Jordan Keene and Devin Boone, but only had 159 yds total offense. This game was 14-7 at halftime, but players were cramping up left and right and the Cardinals ran out of gas after halftime.

Score was 14-7 Bardstown at the half, with Nelson Co. keeping it close behind four Tiger turnovers in the first half, but Kelvin Scott scored on three long TD runs in the third quarter to blow it open.

I don't have any stats totaled yet, but he must've had well more than 250 yards on the ground to go with TD runs of 30, 66, 48 and 33 yards.

1st ever victory for new Tiger head coach David Clark. Bardstown overcomes 5 turnovers, a dropped TD pass, and a bunch of penalties to win. Senior tailback Kelvin Scott had 14 carries, 263 yards, and 4 TD's, including scoring runs of 30, 65, 53, and 34 yards.

Nelson County got TD runs from Jordan Keene and Devin Boone, but only had 159 yds total offense. This game was 14-7 at halftime, but players were cramping up left and right and the Cardinals ran out of gas after halftime.

Sounds like Bardstown is looking pretty good this season, good luck this year, :thumb:

Sounds like Bardstown is looking pretty good this season, good luck this year, :thumb:

It was a good win, but I think all in all the Tigers looked a little sloppy. Scott fumbled, Phillips fumbled trying to get to the goal line, and QB Smith fumbled twice and threw an interception where he didn't even look before he threw.

I thought Bardstown's OL and DL were tough. #72 Gesser can play. Also very impressed with some defensive newcomers, particularly #9, #53, and #5. Linebackers very good as usual.

I'd be interested to see how Tigers perform against a team that throws. I guess we'll see in two weeks when B-Town hosts Warren East. Heard their QB went for 490 tonight.

The tigers play was a little sloppy but, but more than likely it had something to do with the humidity and sweat. If you take the tigers turnovers they beat county worse then they did.

Hmmm. N.C. had the same humidity and sweat, and I only recall them putting it on the ground once.

Hmmm. N.C. had the same humidity and sweat, and I only recall them putting it on the ground once.

That is true maybe the tiger backfield wasn't as focused as they should have been, but the Tigers offensive played and excellent game except for a couple plays here and there.