Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY Overtime Procedure

Featured Replies

What is the KY overtime procedure? In TN we place the ball on the 10 yd line and each team gets 4 plays...not sudden death.

What is the KY overtime procedure? In TN we place the ball on the 10 yd line and each team gets 4 plays...not sudden death.

The Same in Kentucky unless the rule changed this year.

Unless it changed over this past off-season then it's the same here...

I believe that all states use the same rule for overtime.

I believe that all states use the same rule for overtime.
Good question, is that a NFHS format that KY adopts and therefore, all states use this.

 

Does anyone know of differing formats, used by other states.

  • Author

GA uses a different format with the play on the 25. I don't believe it is a NFHS rule.

 

Thanks for the response. Something to mull over as we drive northwest to Mayfield!

All states don't use it.

 

Overtime, like a few other rules such as establishing a running clock, are left to the states to decide. There is a suggested overtime from the federation and Kentucky uses it. Ohio, for example, does not.

I believe that all states use the same rule for overtime.

 

Ohio starts on the 20 with a first and ten.

 

I like that better than KY because there is less chance of multiple OTs.

Ohio starts on the 20 with a first and ten.

 

I like that better than KY because there is less chance of multiple OTs.

 

I do too. I remember when I first moved to Ohio and saw an OT game and saw them start at the 20 I first thought there was a penalty, then someone told me different. It also brings the kicking game into the mix.

Unless it changed over this past off-season then it's the same here...

 

Wow great minds think alike. :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.