On AA Highway, too much speed is constant problem

98NCCalum

While some accidents are pure mother nature, (deer), most are caused by humans. All of us have sped on the AA, especially between Maysville and Alexandria. Its not the road structure or lack of huge signs that remind of basic driving fundamentals. Its the complacency of operating our vehicles and disregard for others.

Between Maysville and Alexandria it's only 55 and people fly. Idiots that pull out in traffic and speed are not the road's fault. At 55 it's as safe as any road. In fact, you can see everywhere on that road, there is always a shoulder, and it's VERY VERY straight. Speed and idiots are the biggest flaws with the AA Highway not the structure.
California is between Maysville and Alexandria and it sure isn't 55 there. In fact, well past California is 65, so...

California is between Maysville and Alexandria and it sure isn't 55 there. In fact, well past California is 65, so...

Huh????????? Unless it's changed within the last month or so it's ALWAYS been 55 or less. In Kentucky I believe the maximum speed limit is 55 unless it's limited access. I'm pretty sure you are mistaken RTS. I'm pretty sure it's 55 or less on the entire road.

So, I'm right. Alexandria, California and past is 65, I'd venture to say it's more than 3 miles.

No you're wrong. It isn't 65 anywhere. It's never ever ever been 65 in California unless it's changed in the last month. My wife lived out there, I played softball out there for 3 years, I've drove it at least twice every summer for 10 years to golf in Maysville. It's never been 65.

No you're wrong. It isn't 65 anywhere. It's never ever ever been 65 in California unless it's changed in the last month. My wife lived out there, I played softball out there for 3 years, I've drove it at least twice every summer for 10 years to golf in Maysville. It's never been 65.
I just drove it two weeks ago, it's 65 in Alexandria and California, so I'm right and your wrong. :p