Little League Fastpitch Softball tourney updates

Congrats to North! Where do they go from here?

BTW, MT, traveling is part of the fun. If not for this, you may never have made a trip to Benham, Ky.:D

State tournament in Russell Springs. I will post the draws for pool play shortly.

You are right, that was my first trip to the Tri Cities area of Benham, Cumberland and Lynch!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State tournament in Russell Springs. I will post the draws for pool play shortly.

You are right, that was my first trip to the Tri Cities area of Benham, Cumberland and Lynch!

I envy you and miss those days of travel to strange places greatly. From Benham to Russell Springs, only a couple of hours apart yet very diverse landscape and cultures. I followed my sons' teams to both places (and a good many others) and enjoyed each. Good luck.

I envy you and miss those days of travel to strange places greatly. From Benham to Russell Springs, only a couple of hours apart yet very diverse landscape and cultures. I followed my sons' teams to both places (and a good many others) and enjoyed each. Good luck.

Thanks. We are loving it. We got to see her win a state title in minor league at North Oldham (nice facility), win a state runnerup at North Laurel (home) and hopefully, her team can win another state title at Russell Springs and get to play in Joplin, MO. That would be an awesome experience IMHO. We have met some very nice people along the way.

The top 2 from each pool advance to the semis on Tuesday.

Pool A #1 vs Pool B #2 (6pm CST)

Pool B #1 vs Pool A #2 (8pm CST)

Winners play in Championship game on Wednesday at 6pm CST

This looks to be a very strong tournament. I know that thru minor league and 11 year old tournaments the past 2 years, 3 of these teams have battled it out to the end.

In the 2005 minor league tournament, these groups finished:

1. North Laurel 2. North Oldham 3. Russell Flatwoods

In the 2006 11 year old tournament these groups finished:

1. North Oldham 2. North Laurel 3. Russell Flatwoods

I think that Butler County could be very strong this year as they didn't have a team in those groups but based on the strength of their high school program, the feeling is that they will be solid. Woodford should have a pretty solid team and I believe they have a very solid pitcher who moved into the 11-12 year old group this year as did Russell Flatwoods. Adair almost always wins their district and should be solid. I don't know much about Prestonsburg and Marion County, but they earned their way to the tournament so I expect they will be solid as well.

Good luck to all these teams!

Hey Mountain! Need some updates back here in Russell-Flatwoods territory. Can't find any scores anywhere on the web and I only got my team's update 13-0 win over Butler. Who else is looking good down there? From year's past, I really think it will come down to R-F and North Laurel in the finals? Which one is yours by the way?? Does Baldwin still pitch?? We barely beat her last year when she was 11!!! TOUGH kid! Also, how's the 9-10 tourney looking?

Hey Mountain! Need some updates back here in Russell-Flatwoods territory. Can't find any scores anywhere on the web and I only got my team's update 13-0 win over Butler. Who else is looking good down there? From year's past' date=' I really think it will come down to R-F and North Laurel in the finals? Which one is yours by the way?? Does Baldwin still pitch?? We barely beat her last year when she was 11!!! TOUGH kid! Also, how's the 9-10 tourney looking?[/quote']

Gotcha covered. Here are results of the first day in the 11-12

Adair 12 Prestonsburg 0

Woodford 11 North Oldham 1

Russell Flatwoods 13 Butler Co 0

North Laurel 13 Marion Co 0

Here is a link

http://eteamz.active.com/kystatelittleleague/schedules/

In the 9-10

South London 12 Grayson 2

Washington Co 9 Butler Co 0

Marion Co 4 Mercer Co 0

Baldwin is pitching for North along with Elkins who was pitching 9-10 last year and Strong who pitched in 11 year old last year. Baldwin was the only 11 year old on last year's 11-12 team.

I also believe that it will be North Laurel and Russell Flatwoods in the championship game, with a preview coming Monday when they face each other in pool play. It should be a lot of fun!

DAY 2

Only 1 score so far. We left after the first game. Over 90 degrees was just too hot for this old man!

11-12 year old pool play

North Laurel 21 Butler Co 1 (4 innings)

Adair was up 5-0 on Woodford midway thru the 2nd game

Russell Flatwoods vs Marion County was set to start at 6pm CST

North Oldham vs Prestonsburg was set to start at 8pm CST

DAY 2 - Sunday

11-12 year old pool play (pool in parenthesis)

North Laurel 21 Butler Co 1 (B)

Adair 11 Woodford 1 (A)

Russell Flatwoods 12 Marion County 1 (B)

North Oldham 13 Prestonsburg 10 (A)

POOL STANDINGS

A - Adair 2-0; Woodford 1-1; N Oldham 1-1; Prestonsburg 0-2

B - N Laurel 2-0; R Flatwoods 2-0; Butler Co 0-2; Marion Co 0-2

Looks like the loser of tonight's North Laurel/Russell-Flatwoods game will have a tough test in Adair County. There seem to have been a ton of runs put on the scoreboard so far....is it because there are some not so good teams in it or are NLLL, RFLL and ACLL just that much better than some of the other leagues?

Just wondering.