Injured NCC player

We were over at Conner yesterday and the (I think) back up catcher for NCC was hit by a ball in the temple region, anyone know how she is? The ball was coming in from the outfield in warm ups and she was blindsighted by the hit. Thanks...

Yes that was the starting catcher Maria Pabst, she went on and played, there was a Doctor there and he checked her, she had a slight concusion. I check on her today she is fine thanks. Great young lady.

She played with a concussion after being checked?

Football players take the field after "getting their bell rung" all the time, and it is accepted and encouraged, is it not?

A concussion is just a bruise on the brain. It can be major or minor. Anytime you suffer a blow to the head and you say, "Boy, my head hurts," that is a concussion. If the doctor says she can play, let her play.

Football players take the field after "getting their bell rung" all the time, and it is accepted and encouraged, is it not?

If a doctor tells a coach that the player has a concussion, they do not play. It is NOT accepted in football.