TO SEED OR NOT TO SEED, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION AND WHY?

I think that you should seed these players have played there hearts out and the teams that play well during the regular season deserve to get a easier first round than the teams that did not play as well. the goal is always to have the best regional final possible and normally with seeding you have a very good final game.

I guess that I am kind of indifferent on this. Seeding the districts would get the teams that have played well all season the "easier" game. I do like that and would probably vote for seeding. Another part of me does like "the luck of the draw" concept though. Bottom line is that a team is going to have to come out and play every night or they are going home ;) .

To seed. Bottom Line: If you can't play with the big boys, then go home.

You've already got the All 'A' for the small schools. I've seen region tournaments get weakened tremendously because of not seeding, thus a solid team draws the 'lucky' and weaker team and has an easier road to the finals. All the luck of the draw does is prolong the inevitable for a team that'lucks' up and gets a good draw, while punishing good teams in the process.

The above mentioned article does bring up an interesting point, that the host school has to eat the cost of the tournament if they finish in the red. With this being said, it would be better for the host school to have the two best, perceived or real, schools in the finals to attract a better crowd, thusly stopping the host school from losing money on hosting the district or regional tournaments.

As for who will win the tournament. I don't think it will matter, you still have to win the same amount of games against the same teams, basically. I see your point Les, and I don't necessary disagree with it. You have to beat the test to win no matter what. But, I think it doesn't really matter if you beat the best in the first game or the second. If you beat the best team in the second game at least the host school will not have to lose money on the deal.

The region shouldn't be watered down because of a blind draw.

Case in point: Last year in the 13th Region Baseball Tournament, Middlesboro faces off aginst 8-16 OBI, who luckily drew 1-13 Red Bird in the 49th District Tournament to advance to the region, while North Laurel (21-10) faced off and lost against Clay County (18-13), who beat OBI 17-0 in the title game, in an elimination game.

So, Middlesboro in turn, has an advantage not having to use a pitcher in its first round game against OBI. That's not fair to the other seven teams in the region. But anyway, if you have a blind draw, then why not have an All 'AA' Classic for the 2A schools? Why just the Class A's?

Seed em. Why have districts if you aren't gonna play anyone from it due to the blind draw? I think the blind draw is a mistake, ... ask PCC and Hazard how they felt about drawing each other in the first round of the basketball districts several times when they clearly were the 2 best teams in their district? Last year North and Clay drawing each other when they were clearly the 2 best teams in their district in baseball? Settle it on the field and may the best teams make region on the field, not because of what number they drew out of a hat?

I know the arguments about playing tougher competition and taking your chances on the draw, but why not just drop 1 weaker out of district game for each weak in district game and pick up tougher competition to make up for it? There are plenty of games during a season to play some tougher out of district/region opponents.

I cannot stand the blind draw and wish it would go the way of the dodo.

Seeding district tournaments doesn't make much sense unless you think that the top 8 teams are divided evenly in the 4 districts. If you want to seed, seed the entire region at the end of the season and play it out NCAA style. If not, pick the pill and quit complaining.

Seeding district tournaments doesn't make much sense unless you think that the top 8 teams are divided evenly in the 4 districts. If you want to seed, seed the entire region at the end of the season and play it out NCAA style. If not, pick the pill and quit complaining.

So you are okay with having the top 2 teams, and often the only 2 teams in the district who can honestly compete in the region, to play each other in the very first game of the district play? The regular season should mean something and with the blind draw, there is no reward for beating district teams or even playing them during the season.

I would be okay with seeding the regions and playing it out NCAA style. I like the suggestion a lot. Then the regular season means something as far as getting a good seed and not just depending on the luck of the draw.