May 11, 200719 yr "Friday Night Lights" has scored a second season from NBC, reports Variety. Season to date, "Friday Night Lights" has averaged only a 2.3 rating/6 share and 6.1 million viewers overall. With those low numbers, an order for "Friday Night Lights" wasn't guaranteed. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=20324 ***I know we have a few fans of the show here on BGP, thought I would pass along the good news for you. : )
May 11, 200719 yr Can't say I've seen this, although I've heard it's pretty good. Side note: HC, seen or heard anything about Shark being back for another season?
May 11, 200719 yr Author Side note: HC, seen or heard anything about Shark being back for another season? Appears to be a lock that it will be back with ratings, found this article while looking around. VERY interesting. James Woods argues both sides of his CBS legal drama, Shark. He embraces his role as defense lawyer-turned-prosecutor Sebastian Stark and praises his fellow cast members and crew. "I love this show with all my heart," Woods says. "What's great is the quality. We kill ourselves to make it as great as it can be." And therein lies his major objection. "I cannot work an 80-hour week for 10 straight months," he says. He adds that because of the workload and other grievances, "if they don't give me what I want, I'm not coming back." But Woods is under contract, and Shark seems a shoo-in for renewal. In its freshman season it has averaged 13.6 million viewers, enough to beat its time-slot competitor, NBC's veteran ER. And it ranks No. 2 among new series behind NBC's Heroes, which unlike Shark doesn't run lower-rated repeats that pull the average down. http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-05-02-shark_N.htm
May 11, 200719 yr Great news! One of the better shows I've seen in a very long time. I think the title "Friday Night Lights" hurt the show more than helped... Not many people were wanting to watch a show that was based on a movie... Even though the 2 have football and not much else to do with each other. Hopefully season 2 does better in the ratings!
May 11, 200719 yr ^That's very interesting.....Sounds like he loves the show, but isn't happy with the management. Without Woods that show would die quick IMO.
May 11, 200719 yr Can't say I've seen this, although I've heard it's pretty good. Side note: HC, seen or heard anything about Shark being back for another season? Shark is a great show!
May 11, 200719 yr There was another show that came on last year that my wife loved, I can not think of the name of it for the life of me but it had a little creature in it named "Nim" short for nimrod. It was some kinda alien thing or something and the last episode it ended with the main cast standing on top of a building with the town flooded. We think it got cancled, any help on that HC?
May 11, 200719 yr Author You are thinking of Surface and I'm looking more into it now. Since this thread has turned int FNL and other tv shows, I can let you know, If you haven't heard already, that Lost has been signed to another 2-3 seasons. The show will end in 2009-2010, I believe that comes to 48 more episodes. Yep, Surface was canceled after 15 episodes, low ratings victim was the likely cause. BUT there is good news if you liked the show, the complete series was released on dvd. : ) http://www.amazon.com/Surface-Complete-F%C3%A9lix-Enr%C3%ADquez-Alcal%C3%A1/dp/B000FJH5M2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-4536564-1911828?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1178907384&sr=8-1
May 11, 200719 yr You are thinking of Surface and I'm looking more into it now. Since this thread has turned int FNL and other tv shows, I can let you know, If you haven't heard already, that Lost has been signed to another 2-3 seasons. The show will end in 2009-2010, I believe that comes to 48 more episodes. Yep, Surface was canceled after 15 episodes, low ratings victim was the likely cause. BUT there is good news if you liked the show, the complete series was released on dvd. : ) http://www.amazon.com/Surface-Complete-F%C3%A9lix-Enr%C3%ADquez-Alcal%C3%A1/dp/B000FJH5M2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-4536564-1911828?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1178907384&sr=8-1 I might to get that for her, is it just the first season or is it all the shows beggining to end?
May 11, 200719 yr Author I might to get that for her, is it just the first season or is it all the shows beggining to end? There was only one season, 15 episodes and that's it. You get them all for one low, low price. :lol: Just had to. : )
May 11, 200719 yr There was only one season, 15 episodes and that's it. You get them all for one low, low price. :lol: Just had to. : ) We now have our official BGP TV Guide, Movie Critic and shoe salesman! Homeless "Al Bundy" Camel
May 11, 200719 yr Author We now have our official BGP TV Guide, Movie Critic and shoe salesman! Homeless "Al Bundy" Camel Thank you, who needs a college degree when you can have that title. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.