Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redhound Competion-2007

Featured Replies

Like to hear what anyone knows about Corbins competition this year. With the new alignments it should be interesting.

I like this new allignment and I think you can see Corbin step back up to prominence like the tradition says. They've had very good and even great teams the past couple years that were always ranked but just didn't seem tested enough come playoff time. I'm not referring to coaches not having them prepared because they do. I'm just referring to the scheduling. Coach Jewell always has the Hounds a tough non district schedule at the beginning of the year.

 

The only problem I saw was that it was easy to get complacent at the most important time of the year. With all due respect to the likes of Garrard, Casey, Wayne, Russell, Adair, Green County, Taylor County, other than a few games here and there, beating teams 55-14 and 63-20 just ain't gonna battle test ya down the stretch. I'm so glad we are back into the Eastern Region that Corbin belongs playing a tougher district slate.

The only problem I saw was that it was easy to get complacent at the most important time of the year. With all due respect to the likes of Garrard, Casey, Wayne, Russell, Adair, Green County, Taylor County, other than a few games here and there, beating teams 55-14 and 63-20 just ain't gonna battle test ya down the stretch. I'm so glad we are back into the Eastern Region that Corbin belongs playing a tougher district slate.

 

Sorry we couldn't make it more competitive! Seriously, I was hoping playing Corbin annually would be a boost to Garrard County, but we never seemed to get over the hump.

 

I'm betting that Corbin will be a solid force in AA for years to come. Best of luck to you guys.

Sorry we couldn't make it more competitive! Seriously, I was hoping playing Corbin annually would be a boost to Garrard County, but we never seemed to get over the hump.

 

I'm betting that Corbin will be a solid force in AA for years to come. Best of luck to you guys.

 

Actually with the exception of this year, Garrard always played Corbin very good. In fact, if not for some injuries scattered here and there (namely Crutchfield), I believe the Lions could have won a game or two. I just think that the district as a whole for the 6 or 7 years Corbin was in it wasn't that strong compared to Middlesboro and Leslie year in and year out. That seemed to cause the Hounds to kind of go on cruise control heading into the playoffs.

 

Best of luck to yall as well.

  • Author
I like this new allignment and I think you can see Corbin step back up to prominence like the tradition says. They've had very good and even great teams the past couple years that were always ranked but just didn't seem tested enough come playoff time. I'm not referring to coaches not having them prepared because they do. I'm just referring to the scheduling. Coach Jewell always has the Hounds a tough non district schedule at the beginning of the year.

 

The only problem I saw was that it was easy to get complacent at the most important time of the year. With all due respect to the likes of Garrard, Casey, Wayne, Russell, Adair, Green County, Taylor County, other than a few games here and there, beating teams 55-14 and 63-20 just ain't gonna battle test ya down the stretch. I'm so glad we are back into the Eastern Region that Corbin belongs playing a tougher district slate.

First three games for the Hounds this year looks to be Belfry, Dunbar, & Bethlehem, What will we be looking at this year?

I like this new allignment and I think you can see Corbin step back up to prominence like the tradition says. They've had very good and even great teams the past couple years that were always ranked but just didn't seem tested enough come playoff time. I'm not referring to coaches not having them prepared because they do. I'm just referring to the scheduling. Coach Jewell always has the Hounds a tough non district schedule at the beginning of the year.

 

The only problem I saw was that it was easy to get complacent at the most important time of the year. With all due respect to the likes of Garrard, Casey, Wayne, Russell, Adair, Green County, Taylor County, other than a few games here and there, beating teams 55-14 and 63-20 just ain't gonna battle test ya down the stretch. I'm so glad we are back into the Eastern Region that Corbin belongs playing a tougher district slate.

 

 

But there will be no trip to Log Mountain this year. If Corbin really wanted to be tested they should be playing the Bobcats!!! I just cant get over the fact that Middlesboro and Corbin neither one will play Bell County anymore.:eek:

But there will be no trip to Log Mountain this year. If Corbin really wanted to be tested they should be playing the Bobcats!!! I just cant get over the fact that Middlesboro and Corbin neither one will play Bell County anymore.:eek:

 

You can only beat a dead horse for so long................ I think the time is up. No matter what our feelings are toward this issue, for or against we cant change it. Lets just look foreward to the seasons we have.:thumb:

I like this new allignment and I think you can see Corbin step back up to prominence like the tradition says. They've had very good and even great teams the past couple years that were always ranked but just didn't seem tested enough come playoff time. I'm not referring to coaches not having them prepared because they do. I'm just referring to the scheduling. Coach Jewell always has the Hounds a tough non district schedule at the beginning of the year.

 

The only problem I saw was that it was easy to get complacent at the most important time of the year. With all due respect to the likes of Garrard, Casey, Wayne, Russell, Adair, Green County, Taylor County, other than a few games here and there, beating teams 55-14 and 63-20 just ain't gonna battle test ya down the stretch. I'm so glad we are back into the Eastern Region that Corbin belongs playing a tougher district slate.

 

When is the last time Corbin played in a Eastern region? Before the last set up they played in more of a Central Kentucky region since late 80's early 90's. It has been a long time since Corbin has traveled up the Daniel Boone, or Hal Rogers Parkway for a district or playoff game. The last one I can think of was 1990 against Whitesburg.

I guess I was meaning Eastern Semi State.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.