Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes Round Robin Tournament (May 11-12)

Featured Replies

Can anyone tell me where this event will be taking place at?

 

I saw on the KHSAA website that there will sometimes be three games going on at the same time so I can't imagine that Holmes has 3 different fields.

Holmes hosted the Bulldog Bash at the park in Latonia, I only know it as the old dump off of 43rd street. It also hosts the police impound lot. Very nice park, has 4-5 baseball/softball fields and soccer fields in the back.

Holmes hosted the Bulldog Bash at the park in Latonia, I only know it as the old dump off of 43rd street. It also hosts the police impound lot. Very nice park, has 4-5 baseball/softball fields and soccer fields in the back.

 

It's the old FOPA fields...off decoursey pike.

It's the old FOPA fields...off decoursey pike.

 

 

It is a very nice complex. Covington did a nice job with it.

  • Author

So how far is it from Holmes High School?

 

Just wondering because if I TANK it there, the only location I know to go by is the high school itself.

 

I'm really wanting to see Kirsten Allen pitch in person and see how dominant she really is.

 

THANKS!!

So how far is it from Holmes High School?

 

Just wondering because if I TANK it there, the only location I know to go by is the high school itself.

 

I'm really wanting to see Kirsten Allen pitch in person and see how dominant she really is.

 

THANKS!!

 

about 5 minutes...

So how far is it from Holmes High School?

 

Just wondering because if I TANK it there, the only location I know to go by is the high school itself.

 

I'm really wanting to see Kirsten Allen pitch in person and see how dominant she really is.

 

THANKS!!

5- 10 minutes .I think there is a stop at Decoursey and 43 rd .Park is about 100 yds up 43rd from Decoursey .If no stop there get as close to that as you can .There is an entrance to the park off Decoursey just beyond 43rd .

  • Author
5- 10 minutes .I think there is a stop at Decoursey and 43 rd .Park is about 100 yds up 43rd from Decoursey .If no stop there get as close to that as you can .There is an entrance to the park off Decoursey just beyond 43rd .

 

 

I just checked the system map online and I'll be taking the #7 bus thanks to these tips Coachg....I was going to take the #8 to the high school and walk to the event but since you gave me better directions and looking at the map at the TANKBus website, I'll be getting on the #8. I can't wait to see almost an entire days worth of softball.

  • Author

If anyone from the website is going to be there, please feel free to stop by and see me and chat it up for a little while. I'll either be wearing my Bengals jersey or my Rockcastle County hoodie....the only reason why I'll be wearing the hoodie is cause it's supposed to be kind of cool that morning.

I just checked the system map online and I'll be taking the #7 bus thanks to these tips Coachg....I was going to take the #8 to the high school and walk to the event but since you gave me better directions and looking at the map at the TANKBus website, I'll be getting on the #8. I can't wait to see almost an entire days worth of softball.

 

 

If you were to walk it would take alot longer from the school .this is on the other side of Latonia from the school .10 minutes would be to drive in a car with little traffic .

Have a good time and update us later .Tells us what you think of Ryle overall OFFENSIVELY .Just curious what someone else thinks .

  • Author

I will definitely give updates.

 

I'll probably take a notebook with me to write comments down about each game that I watch which will include the following games:

 

 

South Laurel/Male @ 8AM (I'll be splitting time between this game and the West Jess game....I'm hoping to do a little scouting for Rockcastle County)

Pleasure Ridge Park/West Jessamine @ 8AM

South Laurel/Assumption @ 9:45AM (see the note above)

Holmes/West Jessamine @ 9:45AM

Ryle/Male @ 11:30AM

Greenup County/Campbell County @ 1:15PM

Ryle/South Laurel @ 3:00PM

Holmes/Simon Kenton @ 4:45PM (I'll be splitting time between these three games to get a look at as many teams as I can)

Grant County/Male @ 4:45PM

Rowan County/Campbell County @ 4:45PM

Shelby County/West Jessamine @ 6:30PM (only a couple of innings of this game)

Any reports/results from this tourney?????

Any reports/results from this tourney?????

 

 

Holmes Round Robin scores

 

May 12, 2007

Rowan County 9 Walton-Verona 5

Trimble County 3 Walton-Verona 1

Greenup County 5 Walton-Verona 5

Shelby County 4 Pleasure Ridge Park 2

Rowan County 6 Greenup County 3

Pleasure Ridge Park 9 Simon Kenton 3

Trimble County 4 Rowan County 1

Trimble County 6 Greenup County 1

TBA - Simon Kenton -

Pleasure Ridge Park 1 West Jessamine 0

Male 3 South Laurel 2

West Jessamine 13 Holmes 2 5 innings

South Laurel 10 Assumption 0

Trimble County 3 Campbell County 3

Holmes 7 Shelby County 6

Ryle 8 Male 1

Campbell County 9 Greenup County 8 6 innings

South Laurel 5 Grant County 4

Assumption - Male - 3:00 PM

Ryle 1 South Laurel 0 9 innings

Ryle 9 Assumption 0

West Jessamine 2 Simon Kenton 1

Simon Kenton 9 Holmes 0

Grant County 3 Male 2

Rowan County 6 Campbell County 2

Shelby County 6 West Jessamine 6

Pleasure Ridge Park 3 Holmes 3

Walton-Verona 13 Campbell County 9 5 innings

Ryle 6 Grant County 4

Holmes Round Robin scores

 

 

 

Ryle 1 South Laurel 0 9 innings

 

Ryle 6 Grant County 4

 

State title preview in game #1? Can that happen?

 

I'm going to assume that Kirsten did NOT pitch against Grant County, correct?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.