Most Knowledgeable in Girl's B-Ball?

In their newsletters, other names surface - Rick Bolus, Ron Harrison, Donna Murphy, Jim Underwood - what do these people do for the girls game?

Jim Underwood runs a series of all-star teams and one-day classics that promotes girls basketball.

Donna Murphy used to coach at Asbury and Lex Christian. She is also the first Ms. Basketball in the state of KY from Newport.

Rick Bolus does some exposure all-star camps in the summer.

Ron Harrison, I am not totally sure of. THe name is extremely familiar but I can't pin down from my memory what he does.

I have a website at kyprephoops that carries game coverage of both boys and girls plus AAU coverage. Louis Meadows got me interested in the girls game a few years ago. Mr Meadows is a class individual who has worked tirelessly to promote the girls games . The website and newsletter that Louis and Chris Lovelace put out is a rich resource for anyone interested in the game. We are indeed fortunate to have these two gentlemen interested in the game as well as the message boards such as this one that allows us to share info about the game.

Mr. Bolus and Mr. Underwood both run basketball camps in the state. Donna Murphy is past Miss Basketball, former coach at Lexington Christian Academy, and one of the best basketball teachers in the game.

Also let us not forget posters like ladiesbballcoach and others who pass on so much info to the rest of us. I often have thoughts or info on certain subjects but quite honestly sometimes get lazy and do not post. I'm sure I am not busier than some of the people who take the time to pass on the info. A special thanks to some of the posters that spend so much time to pass on valuable and interesting info to all the fans.

REH5, it's good to hear from you again....wish I had more time to go watch high school girls basketball because I work these NKU games but I still try to stay as informed as I can via you and Louis and Chris amongst others.

It's always nice to see someone devote so much of their time to something the love.

statmanhensley--great to hear from you. It is hard to believe that Johnna is halfway through her college career. It seems like yesterday she was in the 7th grade. I actually saw her little sister play earlier this year. Rockcastle County has several of the younger sisters of the team we followed for years making their mark on the game.

Also, Louis Meadows is a former math teacher at Williamstown and Pendleton County and is a member of the 10th Region Girls Coaches Association Basketball Hall of Fame through Pendleton County.

That is too funny about Louis Meadows, ladiesbball coach. He was my math teacher years ago at Pendleton County. I remember all of those years ago spending alot of time in his room listening to his stereo.

Who is the most knowledgeable (non - coach) about the girls coming up through the state.

Why are most of these people involved and are they affiliated with AAU?