Ashland 4 Boyd 3

Ashland had some great pitching, solid defense, and very timely hitting to take down their cross town rivals Boyd County. Davis had a lead off triple in the bottom of the 8th and Wilcox ended up hitting him in with the bases loaded and 1 out.

Boyd did not hit, missed balls hit up the middle that barely made the outfield grass....Yes they are too young to compete. Boyd thew Helms, Smithers, Venters, and Branham to two batters. PLEASE. Do you honestly think Ashland can hang with Boyd if Moore or Bowling or Perkins threw???? NO WAY.......This was a game of who wanted it the most. Boyd just laid down after Branhams homerun... Costly mistakes on the base path or this game was over in seven.

Look, I don't want people to think this win over Boyd puts Ashland as the favorite in the region or district or anything remotely close to that. Boyd is a good team but didn't hit and made some costly mistakes. Ashland made mistakes too but got some timely hitting. I just want to say that this region is closer and more competitive than most people believe.

Look, I don't want people to think this win over Boyd puts Ashland as the favorite in the region or district or anything remotely close to that. Boyd is a good team but didn't hit and made some costly mistakes. Ashland made mistakes too but got some timely hitting. I just want to say that this region is closer and more competitive than most people believe.

Yeah... come back to earth...............Boyd had three players thrown out at third, in the 4th, 5th, and sixth innnings, on costly base running mistakes. Good win for Ashland, but when playoffs roll around...you better hope Ashland draws Rose Hill.....1 and out if not for the tomcats.....

Keep dreaming Monty. Good win for the Tomcats! Better hope you draw the Hill.

And why is that? We've beaten a good Russell team twice, Boyd once, lost to a good Fairview team by 1 run with their ace on the hill, lost to a tough Lawrence County team who beat Boyd in a close game with their ace on the hill.

I see Ashland competing with the big dogs in this area.

Yeah... come back to earth...............Boyd had three players thrown out at third, in the 4th, 5th, and sixth innnings, on costly base running mistakes. Good win for Ashland, but when playoffs roll around...you better hope Ashland draws Rose Hill.....1 and out if not for the tomcats.....

Costly mistakes???? You mean attempted steals and just getting caught stealing by a good throw?

And why is that? We've beaten a good Russell team twice, Boyd once, lost to a good Fairview team by 1 run with their ace on the hill, lost to a tough Lawrence County team who beat Boyd in a close game with their ace on the hill.

I see Ashland competing with the big dogs in this area.

Boyds top two pitchers have not pitched against Lawrence or Ashland...Do you honestly think that Ashland could beat Boyds 1, 2 or even 3 starting pitchers????? They have seen nothing but sophomores from Boyd. Fairview is a young team and should win a few games, but to call a win over them as an accomplishment???? Only if you are a tomcat.....I truly hope Boyd Draws Ashland in the first round of the Districts.........Then you "May" see a 3 or 4 pitcher......... The romping you got at Boyda few weeks ago was from 6, 7 or 8 pitcher. I will gladly save you a seat so you can watch......:thumb: