Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bell County

Featured Replies

Looks like Bell County is looking for both Girls' and Boys' Coaches.

 

Any thoughts on the next coach?

 

I throw out a suggestion of Jennifer Hilton.

Any idea why Gambrel left?

I dont know what kind of rules the Bell Co. school system has, but I would imagine it may be some kind of situation to have Dudley as the AD and being able to hire his daughter as the coach. Has she been coaching anywhere? I know she was located in Paris a few years ago, but have no idea anymore.

LadyCat parents I know don't seem to know for sure what happened with Gambrel. Some say health problems and others that he and Whitaker were asked to. They are upset that Gambrel's assistant April Brock doesnt' seem to want the job and are hoping that she will apply. Kara Jackson and Tim Millett are the other names around Bell County for the girls job. Millett used to be Middlesboro's boys coach.

If I were Bell I would go after Coach Parsons at Corbin....she has to be one of the best ladies coaches in the area.

If I were Bell I would go after Coach Parsons at Corbin....she has to be one of the best ladies coaches in the area.

 

I thought she was supposed to be taking the Harlan Central job.

I'm sure Bell people would love to have Parsons, but I don't know that she's interested. She's headed for Harlan if they ever get that school built. Besides she's in a lot better shape at Corbin than in Bell.

If I were Bell I would go after Coach Parsons at Corbin....she has to be one of the best ladies coaches in the area.

 

Don't give them any ideas.:sssh: We need to keep Parsons in Corbin, she is a very good coach and an excellent teacher as well.

LadyCat parents I know don't seem to know for sure what happened with Gambrel. Some say health problems and others that he and Whitaker were asked to. They are upset that Gambrel's assistant April Brock doesnt' seem to want the job and are hoping that she will apply. Kara Jackson and Tim Millett are the other names around Bell County for the girls job. Millett used to be Middlesboro's boys coach.

I think Kara would be pretty good, but I havent talked to her in forever. Does she have any coaching experience?

Please not Millett....

I think Kara would be pretty good, but I havent talked to her in forever. Does she have any coaching experience?

Please not Millett....

 

She was on Roy Bowling's staff at North Laurel this past season.

Heard last night that a girl from Harlan has shown interest in this job. Last name Hamm...hear she's really young with no experience, but was a really good player in college.

Probably Tiffany. She was a very good player at Harlan, but I lost track of her after that. Who knows how she would be.

I think Kara would be pretty good, but I havent talked to her in forever. Does she have any coaching experience?

Please not Millett....

 

 

What's wrong with Millett? When he was at Mboro the program had a lot more respect than it does now. Mboro has beat Bell 1 time in the last 7-8 years and has had more talent than Millett had. He has spent a lot of time at Bell officiating games and seems to get along well with people at Bell.

Millett is the best option from what I hear. He's the only one with any real experience.

If I were Bell I would go after Coach Parsons at Corbin....she has to be one of the best ladies coaches in the area.

If I had an opening for a girls job she would be the first one I would call. She has put Corbin back on the map. She is a great teacher of fundamentals and instills a real toughness in her kids. I bet she will hold out for the Harlan Central job. If that happens she will have the numbers to knock heads with Clay.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.