Bell County

Any idea why Gambrel left?

I dont know what kind of rules the Bell Co. school system has, but I would imagine it may be some kind of situation to have Dudley as the AD and being able to hire his daughter as the coach. Has she been coaching anywhere? I know she was located in Paris a few years ago, but have no idea anymore.

LadyCat parents I know don't seem to know for sure what happened with Gambrel. Some say health problems and others that he and Whitaker were asked to. They are upset that Gambrel's assistant April Brock doesnt' seem to want the job and are hoping that she will apply. Kara Jackson and Tim Millett are the other names around Bell County for the girls job. Millett used to be Middlesboro's boys coach.

If I were Bell I would go after Coach Parsons at Corbin....she has to be one of the best ladies coaches in the area.

Don't give them any ideas.:sssh: We need to keep Parsons in Corbin, she is a very good coach and an excellent teacher as well.

LadyCat parents I know don't seem to know for sure what happened with Gambrel. Some say health problems and others that he and Whitaker were asked to. They are upset that Gambrel's assistant April Brock doesnt' seem to want the job and are hoping that she will apply. Kara Jackson and Tim Millett are the other names around Bell County for the girls job. Millett used to be Middlesboro's boys coach.

I think Kara would be pretty good, but I havent talked to her in forever. Does she have any coaching experience?

Please not Millett....

I think Kara would be pretty good, but I havent talked to her in forever. Does she have any coaching experience?

Please not Millett....

What's wrong with Millett? When he was at Mboro the program had a lot more respect than it does now. Mboro has beat Bell 1 time in the last 7-8 years and has had more talent than Millett had. He has spent a lot of time at Bell officiating games and seems to get along well with people at Bell.

If I were Bell I would go after Coach Parsons at Corbin....she has to be one of the best ladies coaches in the area.

If I had an opening for a girls job she would be the first one I would call. She has put Corbin back on the map. She is a great teacher of fundamentals and instills a real toughness in her kids. I bet she will hold out for the Harlan Central job. If that happens she will have the numbers to knock heads with Clay.