Charla Burchett, West Carter

Kristin Burchett, West Carter

Erika Webb, West Carter

EKC Player of the Year – Jessica Fortman, Russell

EKC Offensive Player of the Year – Jessica Fortman, Russell

EKC Defensive Player of the Year – Megan Hughes, Rowan Co

EKC Coach of the Year – Merle Kidwell, Russell

EKC Official of the Year – Marla Gearhart

Just to clarify a couple of things, Boyd Co, Rose Hill, Ashland, Fleming Co, Greenup Co and Menifee Co were not members of the EKC this year.

Next season, Fairview has decided to drop out of the EKC for a year or so and Fleming Co has made application and been accepted as a member of the EKC by the membership.

Jmo but I think that B. Trimble (Raceland) should have recieved COY and maybe Katelynd Porter (Raceland) should have made the all conference team. I will freely admit that I don't know a lot about some of the girls that made it so I am not "bashing" any kid and I am sure that they are deserving.

Coach Trimble is a fine coach Rambler and would have been a fine choice I agree. But most coaches who vote in the EKC look at what you did in the EKC. Russell won both the EKC Tournament and the Regular Season Championship. Not an easy feat. I think Coach Kidwell deserved the award.

As far as Ms Porter, I agree she had a fine season, but it is VERY rare to get 4 kids on the ALL EKC team from the same school. Even the regular season first and second place team only got 3 each, I don't think I have ever seen 4 players from the same team unless it was the 2000 Lady Comets (who won the state championship) and I know if it did happen, it would not have come from the 3rd place team in the regular season standings. And I don't think you would want to pick from the other 3 girls and take one of them off.

Thanks OldRambler and GoRadio. Katelynd was chosen for 2nd Team EKC and received a certificate. She came in yesterday very pleased with the recognition. Ofcourse Paige was very excited as well and enjoyed the dinner so graciously hosted the EKC at Carter Caves. Thanks to everyone for their support.

GoRadio, were you at the dinner? I would loved for Paige to have met you in person. Perhaps she did and I can show her your picture on the EKC website! (that is you with the headphones on, isn't it);)

Thanks OldRambler and GoRadio. Katelynd was chosen for 2nd Team EKC and received a certificate. She came in yesterday very pleased with the recognition. Ofcourse Paige was very excited as well and enjoyed the dinner so graciously hosted the EKC at Carter Caves. Thanks to everyone for their support.

GoRadio, were you at the dinner? I would loved for Paige to have met you in person. Perhaps she did and I can show her your picture on the EKC website! (that is you with the headphones on, isn't it);)

It is me with the headphones, but I missed yesterday's banquet, first one in about 10 years. I am the assistant commissioner of the EKC but my wife is ill and family comes before basketball to me! I know, I am strange aren't I, with those kind of priorities.

Congratulations to all.

The competition and tournaments in the EKC generate some real enthusiasm and I would like to see it expand. Is membership in the EKC granted by invitation, application,...?

Application by the school. You can be in the EKC in any sport that the conference supports. Basketball is a package, if the girls are in the conference, then so are the boys. The application is made to the Commissioner's office who takes it to the basketball committee for a recommendation, then the full membership votes.

It is me with the headphones, but I missed yesterday's banquet, first one in about 10 years. I am the assistant commissioner of the EKC but my wife is ill and family comes before basketball to me! I know, I am strange aren't I, with those kind of priorities.

I agree whole-heartedly and wish your wife a speedy recovery.

Application by the school. You can be in the EKC in any sport that the conference supports. Basketball is a package, if the girls are in the conference, then so are the boys. The application is made to the Commissioner's office who takes it to the basketball committee for a recommendation, then the full membership votes.

It sounds like you make application for an invitation. That would seem to be a reasonable approach.