2007 Paintsville

theguru

Paintsville is a young team that only lost 3 or 4 players to graduation. Pugh and Sublett will be hard to replace with both being 4 year starters.

Paintsville needs to get more kids involved with their football program, they onlt dressed about 22 to 25 when they were healthy last year.

Will they be able to compete with Pikeville for the district title this year?

I think a lot of Paintsville success will depend on who comes out for football. Last year there were at least 3 or 4 kids that could have started for them that did not play, if these kids come out it could make things interesting. Pikeville is the best team and should go undefeated in district play.

Paintsville is a young team that only lost 3 or 4 players to graduation. Pugh and Sublett will be hard to replace with both being 4 year starters.

Paintsville needs to get more kids involved with their football program, they onlt dressed about 22 to 25 when they were healthy last year.

This really surprises me. When I played and Paintsville was in our district, the district was always won by Raceland or Paintsville. And Paintsville was a "football school", dressing about the same as Raceland (around 50-60).

What happened to cause these numbers to drop so dramatically?

This really surprises me. When I played and Paintsville was in our district, the district was always won by Raceland or Paintsville. And Paintsville was a "football school", dressing about the same as Raceland (around 50-60).

What happened to cause these numbers to drop so dramatically?

With Johnson Central becoming a area prower, it does not help Paintsville with there numbers.

With Johnson Central becoming a area prower, it does not help Paintsville with there numbers.

I hate to hear that, Bill Tom Ross verses Walter Brugh, ah the old days they were great.

I am a little excited about the Raceland/Paintsville game this season, I guess its just remembering the old days.:thumb:

I hate to hear that, Bill Tom Ross verses Walter Brugh, ah the old days they were great.

I am a little excited about the Raceland/Paintsville game this season, I guess its just remembering the old days.:thumb:

Raceland was 11-2 '06 and Paintsville was 10-3 '05. This game could be big in not so far furture.

• 3 months later...

:thumb: :thumb: Those were some great high schol football games Ram. Also, further back than that Raceland and Paintsville was always a classic each year it seemed. You mention Brugh vs. Ross, I also remember Larry Heck vs. Brugh in the 70's.

Seemed like everytime Raceland went to Paintsville it was homecoming, fall festival, Big Blue night or Big Blue something or another :lol: . I know that Coach Ross really used that as a motivating tool (as if it was needed for a Paintsville rivalry) with his teams.

I hope to see Paintsville get back to what they were and I believe that they will.

If I remember correctly Paintsville got a lot of kids/ football players from JCHS in the 70"s. Man Paintsville had some great teams then. Our (Raceland's) games with them were always a war. One thing that you could count on was that both teams would play hard and both would HIT you.