Darius Miller To Forego His Senior Football Season

Mustang

Stolen From The "Courtside With Danny Weddle" Blog:

Mason County basketball standout Darius Miller told Royals football coach David Buchanan that he would not be playing football next season. Miller was a wide receiver last season.

"Darius is a wonderful young man, and we support him in doing what he believes he needs to do," Buchanan said in an e-mail message. "Darius has been a pleasure to coach. He is a very good person that is very much respected by our staff."

"I have been real pleased with the attitude of our coaches on this one- they genuinely care about Darius and want him to do what he believes is right for him," Buchanan said. "Not one of our coaches has been negative about it in anyway. I am fortunate to have a staff of guys that not only knows the game of football and can really coach- they care about kids."

"We will miss (Darius) next year as both a person and player. But, we wish him the best. And, we still believe we have enough good football players to reach our goals as long as we do the things we must do."

Good Luck to Darius.

I have seen him play football and the kid is a nice player. i hate it because being a old football junky I would love to see him keep playing. IMO I think he can play at the next level. But I respect the kid and his basketball ability. I will pray that GOD keeps blessing this young man.

Good Luck to the Royals. Coach Buchanan does a nice job. He and his staff will not miss a beat, just beacuse they that good of a coaching staff.