NKY Coach's/POY

Cheryl will get the COY in all the papers when all that voting occurs - voting for the coaches association occurs in early February - when SK was very hot - beating some very good teams - both are outstanding coaches

i agree imo Coach Stowers is very deserving of the award! Coach Darpel did a fantastic job as well. My thought is Coach Stowers was 26-3 , started 4 sophmores and a junior, didn't even have a senior who got much playing time, beat BC and Shelby back to back with one of their main starters out for the season, ND had and still has a great season going and i wish them luck throughout the tournament, but imo Coach Darpel has the best two big girls in NKY and both are seniors. If you gave the two big girls to Conner,HHS, BC,NCC ,SK, or Holmes any of them would be in the same position that ND is in now. I am not taking anything away from the other players but those two are very good and have carried the team through some of these games.

The schedule that NDA played was much harder than that of SK... The ninth region was much better than that of the 8th... That is one of the reasons that Stowers only lost 3 games and NDA lost a couple more... NDA played many games outside of the state where as SK maybe played only one if that... Great job by Darpel this year she deserved this after having many great teams over the last couple years

Coach K, the reason your AAU team does so well is they seek out the best and play them. SK should do the same and then I could buy into the COY award. We know how good some of those players on SK are why not let the rest of the state see them too.

Yeah I understand how that works, and I agree that Coach D did an excellent job outside of her region. My point is that any team would love to have been in her position with the best two big girls in NKY who are also seniors with lots of experience. IMO she did an excellent job but ND really is where almost everyone expected them to be. There is a fine line of playing too much competition and not enough. I do believe coach Fookes messed up by playing too much competition and Stowers not enough. I will say coach Darpel scheduled the right teams at the right time to get her team peaking when they needed too.

Welovethisgame, was correct, Boone was the heavy favorite and rightfully so, at the start of the season, as NDA will be next year....or at least until they get beat by some team from within Northern Kentucky.....

I guess by your example above, Dickman, who had to be the prohibitive favorite to win the POY award this season, shouldn't have won it because she did so well on the floor? confused.gif Sorry, just doesn't make sense to me...

Boone will be the pre-season number 1 team next year.

They had 4 out of the top 10 players (NKY preseason) on their team this past year, and only lose 1. 3 returning top 10 players makes them the team with the bullseye again!

You think? Boone was the overwhelming favorite until about the midway point of the season. I am the most biased person on this board but Darpel is my COY regardless of the votes. Not that I would take anything away from Mr. Stowers but 28 and 4 with the NDA schedule is pretty dang impressive.

Go Pandas!

I know they were!:thumb:

Boone will be the pre-season number 1 team next year.

They had 4 out of the top 10 players (NKY preseason) on their team this past year, and only lose 1. 3 returning top 10 players makes them the team with the bullseye again!

NDA is the defending region champion, therefore, I will give them the bullseye!

This years Boone Co. team was suppose to be the best rebels team ever said by most people and they fadded toward the end of the season... I would rank NDA on top until they do get beat... This is going to be a very competitive region next year. HHS, NCC are going to be right up there with both of those teams. NDA has an advantage over all of these teams because there coaching staff always does a very good job scheduling games outside of the state which will only make them that much better.

NDA will be the favorite and should be. BC's schedule will be the same next year, but most of the top teams will be at home.

Ncc...nice try...please get your facts straight before posting..One poster stated "is this the best team ever".. The BC faithful shot it down immediately; however, the BC haters jumped all over it.