Russell 57 Ashland 37

I didn't think Okoro camped in the paint. When she gets the ball in scoring position, she took it strong and finished, officials will not call 3 seconds on making a move to the basket, even if it takes a couple of seconds.

Good win for Lady Devils!

I have heard very few 3 second calls in the last four years. I overheard one ref tell a complaining fan that he hasn't called 3 seconds in over 11 years. Quote...

I did however see a 3 second call in Richmond during the All A Classic.

A disappointing loss for the kittens, although they went a lot farther than many believed. A lot of credit must go to Merle Kidwell for his game plan and the execution of it by his girls. I don't want to give the impression that I think Bradley was outcoached. Its just that with Russell's height, talent, quickness, and senior leadership, a good gameplan spelled doom for the younger and smaller Ashland squad.

The future looks bright for Ashland since they only graduate one senior - Katelyn Stringer. Ashland fans may not realize it now, but Stringer will be greatly missed next year. Stringer may not be a top 15 player talentwise, but she may be the gutsiest player in the 16th. I will miss watching her play next year.

Each year I go into the season with no real favorites, and as the season progresses I find myself following one or 2 teams. My favorite this year became Ashland. They never seemed to back down even when they were huge underdogs. Several times I saw them down by double digits only for them to fight back. what can I say - I like the underdog. This team had teamwork and grit.

Next year, Ashland will probably be picked as one of the region favorites and I will probably choose another young and scrappy team to back. But, as for this year, it was fun to be a Kitten's fan.