Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 57 Ashland 37

Featured Replies

Russell moves on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Russell did clear their bench before Ashland took their starters out.

Congrats to the Lady Devils!!! It's going to get a lot tougher in the finals. I'll still take Russell by 6.

Does anyone have stats from the game?

  • Author

Russell 24 of 29 from the free throw line.

 

Fortman 20 pts to lead Russell.

 

Strait(sp) led Ashland with 8.

Solid win by Russell. It seemed to me Okoro spent a lot of time in the paint. I hope the second hands on the officials watches are working a little better tommorrow night.

I didn't think Okoro camped in the paint. When she gets the ball in scoring position, she took it strong and finished, officials will not call 3 seconds on making a move to the basket, even if it takes a couple of seconds.

 

Good win for Lady Devils!

I have heard very few 3 second calls in the last four years. I overheard one ref tell a complaining fan that he hasn't called 3 seconds in over 11 years. Quote...

 

I did however see a 3 second call in Richmond during the All A Classic.

Congrats to Russell and Coach Kidwell and congrats to the Kittens and their senior captain, Kaitlin Stringer, on a fine season.

Congrats to the Russell players on the win. Also congrats to Ashland on a fine season, they came a long way from the start of the season.

Congrats to both teams. Even though it hurts now, it was a good finish for Ashland this year. And what can you say about Russell; they're just plain tough!

a-1.jpg

a-2.jpg

a-3.jpg

A disappointing loss for the kittens, although they went a lot farther than many believed. A lot of credit must go to Merle Kidwell for his game plan and the execution of it by his girls. I don't want to give the impression that I think Bradley was outcoached. Its just that with Russell's height, talent, quickness, and senior leadership, a good gameplan spelled doom for the younger and smaller Ashland squad.

 

The future looks bright for Ashland since they only graduate one senior - Katelyn Stringer. Ashland fans may not realize it now, but Stringer will be greatly missed next year. Stringer may not be a top 15 player talentwise, but she may be the gutsiest player in the 16th. I will miss watching her play next year.

 

Each year I go into the season with no real favorites, and as the season progresses I find myself following one or 2 teams. My favorite this year became Ashland. They never seemed to back down even when they were huge underdogs. Several times I saw them down by double digits only for them to fight back. what can I say - I like the underdog. This team had teamwork and grit.

 

Next year, Ashland will probably be picked as one of the region favorites and I will probably choose another young and scrappy team to back. But, as for this year, it was fun to be a Kitten's fan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.