Ashland 45 West Carter 36

Coach Bradley and his girls should be very proud - they finally got the signature win that they have fought for all season. Regardless of whether the Kittens win, lose, or draw against Russell on Friday, no one can deny the significance of this win for the Ashland girls program. For a team made up of 90% Freshmen and Sophomores to go to the semifinals of region and win at least 17 games is a great accomplishment. This Kittens team is accomplishing some things that I sincerely did not expect until next year.

I also want to congratulate West Carter on a great season. I know that they are disappointed now, especially the seniors, but they really fought hard last night. The West Carter girls can hold their heads high. It was just a good night for the kittens.

Chuck Taylor, himself, can suit up for Ashland and bring along a couple of his buddies. The result will be the same. Russell with ease.

You might be right - but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Anything can happen in girls high school basketball. No one predicted RH going to the final game of State last year either. I'm not a home-grown Ashland fan but I will say this young team has won me over. I love watching their teamwork and their hussle. Teams like this you should never take too lightly or you might find yourself on a long bus ride home.

Ashland can play! Yes, they are young. Yes, they are small. But Bill Bradley (a class act by the way) has them playing very good basketball right now. They will spread Russell out and make them play defense. They can get down and guard you. Russell looked very shaky against the press last night. I am not going out on a limb and say Ashland WILL win, but I am going to say that this game will be much better than some might think.

While Russell has to be the favorite I too will not count out the Kittens while they are coached by Bill Bradley, the man who cut out the bottom of the peach baskets for Naismith!!! Bill Bradley has been around basketball more than Big Bubba has been around the buffet's, and that says a lot!!!