Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pulaski County 64 Somerset 52

Featured Replies

I beg to differ AverageJoesGym....Coach Thacker is one of the most respected coaches in Eastern Kentucky. His work ethic is second to none. I think his successes speak for themselves at Somerset. I would love to see them win a regional title and hopefully this is the year. Good luck Briarjumpers and Coach Thacker.

It seems as though Thacker has 20 win seasons about 1/2 the time and .500 seasons the other half. I think he is probably a pretty fair coach.

You can't coach heart and desire!! Price and Wallen stood outside the 3-point line all night, they did nothing to create their shots. The P.C. defense had a lot to do with that, but we sure made it easy for them. It is easy to guard a stand still shooter!

The rebounding stats speak for themselves P.C. 42-25 rebounding advantage!

I agree that Coach Thacker is a good coach but he sure can't seem to get this group to do the things it takes to win.

I don't know how many easy buckets the Maroons got inside while it seemed we struggled for every shot.

This game soilidified my opinion that Mark Flynn is coach of the year in the 12th! The way that he handled the situation when John Perkins was fouled on a layup in the 4th quarter that went un-called and John was losing it showed that he has all of his players respect and they just play good hard basketball for him. Of course a little over a minute later Perkins and Cole get tangled up and bam t-time.

I still think Somerset has the talent to play with anyone in our region but the heart is in question!!!

Once again Jon Perkins was T'd up but John Cole was as well for Somerset, also an assistant coach was late in the game for Somerset as well...An overall frustrating night for the Jumpers. Price and Wallen only attempted maybe three 3's on the night? No one really found their rhythm for the Jumpers.

 

 

John Cole wasn't t'd up he just fouled John Perkins on the play and Perkins gave him a elbow. That is why he shot the 2 free throws.

You can't coach heart and desire!! Price and Wallen stood outside the 3-point line all night, they did nothing to create their shots. The P.C. defense had a lot to do with that, but we sure made it easy for them. It is easy to guard a stand still shooter!

The rebounding stats speak for themselves P.C. 42-25 rebounding advantage!

I agree that Coach Thacker is a good coach but he sure can't seem to get this group to do the things it takes to win.

I don't know how many easy buckets the Maroons got inside while it seemed we struggled for every shot.

This game soilidified my opinion that Mark Flynn is coach of the year in the 12th! The way that he handled the situation when John Perkins was fouled on a layup in the 4th quarter that went un-called and John was losing it showed that he has all of his players respect and they just play good hard basketball for him. Of course a little over a minute later Perkins and Cole get tangled up and bam t-time.

I still think Somerset has the talent to play with anyone in our region but the heart is in question!!!

 

I agree completely. Somerset did nothing good tonight. Nothing to hang there hat on it was almost like they was glad they made it to the finals. Terrible game. The score doesn't reflect how bad this game was. The Jumpers could not rebound hardly anybody followed there shot. The free throw line was aweful to them all night. It was almost like PC would let them back in the game they could really flip the switch whenever they wanted to and take a commanding lead. Even they couldnt coach to P.C.'s level. The Maroons had a gameplan and stuck to it. They handled all situations and never went off there gameplan. I don't know about heart. I seen heart against Casey but not against the Maroons. I don't know thyey show up they can win region. I just hope that they are not just content with getting to Region.

No heart, and poor coaching. That's the Jumpers this year. The talent should be there, the fire and the ability to adjust from the bench aren't. It is a discrace that this team will finish at .500 or worse.

 

So are you saying it wouldnt be a discrace if the Jumpers had of won 20 games this year but lost in the first round of the district like they have the last few years? I dont see how it can be a discrace considering they have made Region for the first time in several years.. Heart is not the problem..

I won't knock Somerset, PC is a great when they play as one, and on Friday night they did. Everyone contributed on both ends and played this game to the end. I say we don't critisize Somerset but Congratulate PC. they played a great game.

I won't knock Somerset, PC is a great when they play as one, and on Friday night they did. Everyone contributed on both ends and played this game to the end. I say we don't critisize Somerset but Congratulate PC. they played a great game.

 

Agreed...Somerset played pretty bad but not the worst of the season..I still think they have a ligit shot to win the region as does everyone else...But sometimes you just have to give the other team credit...PC played great...Fylnn is doing a good job down there

Yes...Muse played good for PC though

 

Why did he sit out???

  • Author
Why did he sit out???

 

He was in the hospital until the night before the game. I'm not for sure what he had.

  • Author
John Cole wasn't t'd up he just fouled John Perkins on the play and Perkins gave him a elbow. That is why he shot the 2 free throws.

 

Then explain why P.C. got the ball back afterwards?

Then explain why P.C. got the ball back afterwards?

 

I'm trying to remember this, who shot the T's for PC. John only shot his foul shots, why would he have shot the T's as well or is there a rule he couldn't. Somerset shot their T's and wasn't it side out to Somerset? I just can't remember. If it was double T's called do they go to poss arrow? Who shot the T's for PC? John shot the T's on Somerset's Coach eariler.

I was pretty frustrated but I thought Perkins shot his foul, missed one made one, Then Wallen scored his only point of the night by hitting one of the technical foul shots. Somerset got the ball back on the side.

Wasn't there, but heard PC took command early and never looked back.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.