2007 Nicholas County

theguru

The Jackets had a lot of holes this past year but had a young team and will only graduate about 5 next year. So, the experience and talent can only develop.

The biggest problem on the offense (besides questionable play calling) is turnovers. To be Senior Johhny Mattox had games where he would be a solid back but had fumble-itis all year. In an offense where running is emphasized, this is definately not good. Junior to be Jordan Mynear was not asked to throw much but when he was, the results were not outstanding. He never seemed confident of his abilities and was unable to make decisions. Instead of reading the defense and making a throw, it seemed like he just locked on and chucked it up, hoping for his receiver to pull it down out of triple coverage. This is most likely due to the lack of protection he received but I hope with maturity and more experience, this improves.

On D, working on tackling is a must. So many times last year the Jackets would have the opposition in a 3rd and long only to see a draw play for a huge gain after 4 missed tackles. This could be due to the fact that they were on the field for so long but it seemed that this was a game long problem, not something that happened just in the 4th quarter.

I would also like to see the lines on both sides of the both get stronger. Often it seemed as if the kids were simply overpowered from start to finish.

The bluejackets are getting stronger in the weightroom with 7 kids benching over 280 and squatting over 400. As one of the comments stated the o was missing from last years team. Any one who has played football can tell you when you are mostly soph. and freshmen you will look like you are playing against men. The road is still long but it is getting shorter for the boys in blue.

The bluejackets are getting stronger in the weightroom with 7 kids benching over 280 and squatting over 400. As one of the comments stated the o was missing from last years team. Any one who has played football can tell you when you are mostly soph. and freshmen you will look like you are playing against men. The road is still long but it is getting shorter for the boys in blue.

Welcome to the site Bigdog!

Guest Bluto

Glad to hear it.

And welcome to BGP. :thumb:

Thats definitely good news if true, since there hasnt been much of an off season weight program since Coach Abney left. Even with added strength, size is still a problem with the jackets as it seems everyone on the team is around 5'7.

I am glad to hear from action dan again. You are so much a expert in the game was barry sanders around 5ft. 7. and did you even play any sports in high school i don think so. if you wish to see these kids lift please come by the weight room or do you remember were it is or was you ever their.

You are so much a expert in the game was barry sanders around 5ft. 7.

Yes, Barry Sanders was short and also an amazing talent. He also was a running back. You cant have linemen, WRs and TEs that are on the average sub 6 foot. It is a fact that the Jackets are extremely undersized. That is not an insult to any player on the team or a knock on the coaching staff in anyway, and I dont see how it could be construed as one.

and did you even play any sports in high school i don think so.

No, I did not play sports in high school. Again, I dont see how that is relevant to the discussion. Ad hominem attacks do not strengthen your position in anyway.

if you wish to see these kids lift please come by the weight room or do you remember were it is or was you ever their.

Ummm, yes I know where it is. And, you apparently know me so you would know that I wasnt there for reasons that you already stated, I did not play sports in high school.

Im sure the kids do lift, Im not saying that they dont, I simply said, that from what I have been told, there is not much of a structured offseason workout program since Coach Abney. I was under the impression that the kids had to do this on there own. If that is incorrect, then good. It will only make us a stronger, more physical team.