10th Region Girls Hall of Fame

Class of 2007

Players:

Teresa Mitchell Becker- Deming

Laverne Bluford- Mason County

Marla Kelsch- Augusta

Harmonie King-Montgomery Co

Christie Hatton-Nicholas Co

Katie Schwegman-Bishop Brossart (Unanimous selection)

Contributors:

Ivan Ralls- Montgomery Co.

Great list!

I'm glad to see Ivan Ralls finally get a little recognition from people from outside of Mt. Sterling. He's an amazing person.

I believe there are a lot of contributors and coaches from the 10th Region that are not getting the recognition they deserve. All teams need to look at people other than players that have had an immediate impact on the programs.

I can tell you real quick whom they are forgetting A lady that lives right here in Frogtown Ky , One of the best Lady players I seen play in the 10th region, She was a graduate of Pendleton COUNTY .none other than KIM HENTON, One of the best ever to play in the 10th region, I can assure you there is none at Pendleton Co now that could play with her. Or any I seen in the 10th this year, should be on that list any day of the week

I can tell you real quick whom they are forgetting A lady that lives right here in Frogtown Ky , One of the best Lady players I seen play in the 10th region, She was a graduate of Pendleton COUNTY .none other than KIM HENTON, One of the best ever to play in the 10th region, I can assure you there is none at Pendleton Co now that could play with her. Or any I seen in the 10th this year, should be on that list any day of the week

She has been nominated but not elected in.

It is good to see some of the past greats like Kelsch and Mitchell get credit for their accomplishments from years past. These are the the ones who brought ladies basketball back in with a bang. Henton, from Pendlton would be another past great who deserves to be honored.

By the way, it is Hinton. She is from a long line of great athletes in her family. Another good one that was her niece and has been mentioned is Kathy Stewart.

By the way, it is Hinton. She is from a long line of great athletes in her family. Another good one that was her niece and has been mentioned is Kathy Stewart.

A excellent player... If I typed what I thought of her as a person, I would be here all night, and probably a little emotional.

Congratulations to Marla Kelsch, she is a great person and is a great basketball person in the state of Kentucky. She helped an Augusta team get to the regional finals and went on to Murray State University where she played against high school teammate Connie Appleman (Morehead State University). She also boosted the Saint Patrick girls program in her early post-college days. She now coaches at Monticello High School in Monticello, Kentucky.