Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 85 OBI 60

Featured Replies

Corbin had very balanced scoring in this game with good games from all three seniors(Hamlin, Seweel & Woods) in their last regular season contest at home.

 

Johnson - 17

J. Crawford - 12

Hamlin - 10

Sewell - 10

Wilson - 10

Manns - 9

Barley - 8

Woods - 3

L Crawford - 3

Smith -2

Rogers - 1

Good win for the Hounds and their seniors...

Corbin is improving by leaps and bounds. It will be interesting to see them play South.

Does anyone(Les?) know many FT's were shot in this game? It seemed as though OBI shot at least 40.

Sounds like the Redhounds rolled.

Does anyone(Les?) know many FT's were shot in this game? It seemed as though OBI shot at least 40.

 

 

No joke! I think at the start of the 4th quarter when Ashurst called the teams over, he let them know that this cheap stuff was going to stop and started calling it tighter. I'm surprised with it getting so chippy that we didn't have a bench clearer last night.

No joke! I think at the start of the 4th quarter when Ashurst called the teams over, he let them know that this cheap stuff was going to stop and started calling it tighter. I'm surprised with it getting so chippy that we didn't have a bench clearer last night.

 

I only saw blatant cheap shots directed at one player, Corbin's 110 lb. freshman seemed to be the target of everything that I caught anyway. I thought there were several attempts to undercut Josh Crawford when he went up for rebounds.

Yes the one stout looking kid kept grabbing Crawford. The little point guard kept trying to bump Wilson awful hard. They tried to get rough with Clint but quickly learned otherwise once he dropped the people's elbow like The Rock when going for the loose ball out of bounds in front of the reserved section. Not too many try to get at him or he'll give it right back. However, I'm not going to put the blame on any particular people because it takes two to tango. This season, Corbin is well known for their physical, rough, albeit not cheap play. Especially when the football guys are on the floor. A little toughness is alright in my book when it comes to E Ky basketball as long as it don't get out of hand. As much as I like to see them play hard nosed, they may want to try and avoid being too physical should they make it to Rupp. A lot of those other region officials may not be too accustomed to 13th region ball.

Does anyone(Les?) know many FT's were shot in this game? It seemed as though OBI shot at least 40.

 

 

 

Sorry 4CHS, I just saw the message. I have no clue how many free bees were shot. I've been doing preview sections.

Cashen does not need to be instigated to give a cheapshot. He is rough and always plays hard. Clint gives them a toughness factor that is needed.

[/b]

Yes the one stout looking kid kept grabbing Crawford. The little point guard kept trying to bump Wilson awful hard. They tried to get rough with Clint but quickly learned otherwise once he dropped the people's elbow like The Rock when going for the loose ball out of bounds in front of the reserved section. Not too many try to get at him or he'll give it right back. However, I'm not going to put the blame on any particular people because it takes two to tango. This season, Corbin is well known for their physical, rough, albeit not cheap play. Especially when the football guys are on the floor. A little toughness is alright in my book when it comes to E Ky basketball as long as it don't get out of hand. As much as I like to see them play hard nosed, they may want to try and avoid being too physical should they make it to Rupp. A lot of those other region officials may not be too accustomed to 13th region ball.

 

I always thought that the 13th is the worse, when it comes to officating, in fact the reason the 13th struggles outside of South is because our boys do not understand basketball, for an example how many times will a hand check go on!

I think Corbin, Bell County, Clay County and Cumberland fans might disagree with you on that Mr. Fundemental. All those teams have competed pretty well in recent years at the state level and their players seem to understand the rules of the game. Granted the players have to adjust to the way the game is called, not the other way around. I would say the 13th officals are about as good as most regions outside of the 10th, 11th and 12th. Every area has its better officals and better teams. I noticed most coaches and fans that have a good team seem to complain less than those with weaker squads as well. Funny how that seems to work out year after year.

I think Corbin, Bell County, Clay County and Cumberland fans might disagree with you on that Mr. Fundemental. All those teams have competed pretty well in recent years at the state level and their players seem to understand the rules of the game. Granted the players have to adjust to the way the game is called, not the other way around. I would say the 13th officals are about as good as most regions outside of the 10th, 11th and 12th. Every area has its better officals and better teams. I noticed most coaches and fans that have a good team seem to complain less than those with weaker squads as well. Funny how that seems to work out year after year.

 

The officiating in the games I have seen this year has been pretty good for the most part.

 

I can't speak for all of the 13th region teams, but I do know that Corbin has been to the state tournament 4 times in the last 20 years or so and has been in every game down to the wire in the games that they did not win.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.