Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Madison Central

Featured Replies

What does Madison Central need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Madison Central has underachieved the past two years, plain and simple. With the talent they had, 7-4 and 6-5 is not acceptable.

 

The Indians problems over the past four years stem from one obvious issue, the inability to stop the run. Losses to Scott County, Lincoln County, Dunbar, and upsets by North Laurel and Montgomery County over the past few seasons back this up. Until the MC defense improves, 1st and 2nd round exits will be likely every year.

Madison Central has underachieved the past two years, plain and simple. With the talent they had, 7-4 and 6-5 is not acceptable.

 

The Indians problems over the past four years stem from one obvious issue, the inability to stop the run. Losses to Scott County, Lincoln County, Dunbar, and upsets by North Laurel and Montgomery County over the past few seasons back this up. Until the MC defense improves, 1st and 2nd round exits will be likely every year.

 

 

Your right Madison Central allways seems to play off there defense. When the defense plays well Centrals offense seems to click just as well. Madison Central did graduate 21 Seniors in 06 but they did have a down season but Central brings back some good talent. Rhodes RB is one that sticks out allso Keshawn Simpson plays FB and DE and he is an athlete there are several more atletes coming back. The only thing they lack is size thats something they have had to overcome the past 4 years.

Your right Madison Central allways seems to play off there defense. When the defense plays well Centrals offense seems to click just as well. Madison Central did graduate 21 Seniors in 06 but they did have a down season but Central brings back some good talent. Rhodes RB is one that sticks out allso Keshawn Simpson plays FB and DE and he is an athlete there are several more atletes coming back. The only thing they lack is size thats something they have had to overcome the past 4 years.

 

I wouldn't call the past 2 seasons complete losses. A lot of kids have stepped into some big shoes to fill. I just hate to see a team with so much talent and potential underachieve.

 

I really hope I am wrong, but I can see MC struggling next year. They bring back a lot of skill kids, but they are going to be very young up front. The offense will have to depend on thier QB who will be a Sr. and he hasn't shown so far he can handle any sort of pressure.

 

From what I understand, the schedule includes Highlands, Dunbar, Danville, Lexington Catholic, Madison Southern, Boone County (?), Tates Creek, and district opponents Scott County, Shelby County, and Clark County. If MC's defense doesn't drastically improve, 2-8 or 3-7 isn't out of the question.

I wouldn't call the past 2 seasons complete losses. A lot of kids have stepped into some big shoes to fill. I just hate to see a team with so much talent and potential underachieve.

 

I really hope I am wrong, but I can see MC struggling next year. They bring back a lot of skill kids, but they are going to be very young up front. The offense will have to depend on thier QB who will be a Sr. and he hasn't shown so far he can handle any sort of pressure.

 

From what I understand, the schedule includes Highlands, Dunbar, Danville, Lexington Catholic, Madison Southern, Boone County (?), Tates Creek, and district opponents Scott County, Shelby County, and Clark County. If MC's defense doesn't drastically improve, 2-8 or 3-7 isn't out of the question.

 

I dont see Central having a great season but i just dont see them being under 500 Turner and crew will pull somethin out of there hat hopefully. And i know for a fact Coach Scenters will be workin his butt off for the O-Line they have one real good tackle Patrick Ford, Dont ever count Centrals O-Line out what they lack in talent will be evend up with great technique and hopefully if were not gonna be big we will be Strong and Quick.

Can someone feel me in on these Guys?

 

Any info on the QB?

Any info on the RBs?

Any info on the WRs?

Any info on the Oline?

 

 

Any info about The Defense?

 

These guys are coming To Danville for The Bob Allen Pig skin Classic that will be on WTVQ 36.Just looking for some information on what Kind of team they will have.

 

Thanks A.A.

The Indians lost around 10 seniors....most of which played a lot and will be missed, but nothing that can't be replaced.

 

The QB will be a Sr., he started most of his sophmore year and all of last year. His play is streaky, but when given time he can fling the deep ball well. Hopefully, he can gain some more convidence and pick up his play.

 

The Indians return a solid core in the skill positions. There will be lots of speed here as always. The offensive line will have a lot of new faces, but should be very big. Scoring points should not be a problem on most teams.

 

As for the defense, they haven't been able to stop the run the past two seasons so that should be something they are working towards. I know there have been some transfers in..........one of which I understand is going to be a stud, and is only a junior.

The Indians lost around 10 seniors....most of which played a lot and will be missed, but nothing that can't be replaced.

 

The QB will be a Sr., he started most of his sophmore year and all of last year. His play is streaky, but when given time he can fling the deep ball well. Hopefully, he can gain some more convidence and pick up his play.

 

The Indians return a solid core in the skill positions. There will be lots of speed here as always. The offensive line will have a lot of new faces, but should be very big. Scoring points should not be a problem on most teams.

 

As for the defense, they haven't been able to stop the run the past two seasons so that should be something they are working towards. I know there have been some transfers in..........one of which I understand is going to be a stud, and is only a junior.

Thanks for the Info S.o.Bear...If you come up with any NU News Please Fill me in.

Thanks AA.:thumb:

Can someone feel me in on these Guys?

 

Any info on the QB?

Any info on the RBs?

Any info on the WRs?

Any info on the Oline?

 

 

Any info about The Defense?

 

These guys are coming To Danville for The Bob Allen Pig skin Classic that will be on WTVQ 36.Just looking for some information on what Kind of team they will have.

 

Thanks A.A.

I'll do what I can, but Madison Central is out of my comfort zone in high school football.

 

I do know the QB is Chaz Hope, son of EKU Head Coach Danny Hope. He has started since he was a sophomore and has put decent numbers up. He has a pretty good football IQ (doesn't throw many interceptions), a pretty accurate arm, and is also pretty mobile. (He is a mirror image of what you see EKU QB's do, IMO)

As always, you can expect quite a bit of team speed, especially at the backs and receivers. They are very deep, and very talented at RB with Ricky Rhodes as the feature back (scored 19 TDs last season), Keshawn Simpson, and Isaiah Kavanaugh. Their best receivers are their RB's.. Rhodes also led the team in receving last season.

What appears to eb the Indians Achille's Heel will be their lineplay.

I'll do what I can, but Madison Central is out of my comfort zone in high school football.

 

I do know the QB is Chaz Hope, son of EKU Head Coach Danny Hope. He has started since he was a sophomore and has put decent numbers up. He has a pretty good football IQ (doesn't throw many interceptions), a pretty accurate arm, and is also pretty mobile. (He is a mirror image of what you see EKU QB's do, IMO)

As always, you can expect quite a bit of team speed, especially at the backs and receivers. They are very deep, and very talented at RB with Ricky Rhodes as the feature back (scored 19 TDs last season), Keshawn Simpson, and Isaiah Kavanaugh. Their best receivers are their RB's.. Rhodes also led the team in receving last season.

What appears to eb the Indians Achille's Heel will be their lineplay.

Thanks for the Information/Very Helpful...:thumb:

Does anyone know if and when Madison Central has any scrimages.I hear they may have one with Boyle Co.Thanks...

I know the have alot of good skill players returning from last year. By the way, "the King has returned.

I know the have alot of good skill players returning from last year. By the way, "the King has returned.

Who is the King?

I dont know much about them, but I do know they did get one helluva transfer from Mercer County. Tyler Mays (ATH) 5'8 155, Jr., played as a back-up last year at RB and DB for Mercer, if it hadnt have been for Ford, Jackson, etc., he would have seen a lot more playing time. This past track season, Tyler was turning in 100 and 200 times that were as fast as Ford, he also won the region in the 400. He was going to be Mercer's fastest player and probably the most talented returner. He is going to be GREATLY, GREATLY missed..the Titans loss will definately turn into a huge game for Madison Central. Tyler, best of luck buddy, we miss you, but wish you nothing but the best!!

I dont know much about them, but I do know they did get one helluva transfer from Mercer County. Tyler Mays (ATH) 5'8 155, Jr., played as a back-up last year at RB and DB for Mercer, if it hadnt have been for Ford, Jackson, etc., he would have seen a lot more playing time. This past track season, Tyler was turning in 100 and 200 times that were as fast as Ford, he also won the region in the 400. He was going to be Mercer's fastest player and probably the most talented returner. He is going to be GREATLY, GREATLY missed..the Titans loss will definately turn into a huge game for Madison Central. Tyler, best of luck buddy, we miss you, but wish you nothing but the best!!

 

 

Yea I Only hear good things about this Kid.Sounds like a Big Loss for Mercer but Im sure They will be fine without Him.I wish The Titans nothing but success this Season in 5A...:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.