Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 48 Lloyd 45

Featured Replies

9 hours ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I think it is about time we have our yearly discussion... how do the 8th and 9th matchup this year?

The 9th is year in year out quite a bit deeper than the 8th and top end teams don't compare most years. 9th is way down this year only reason the two even can have this conversation most years it's not needed. Lloyd is severely overrated, and I don't think any 9th region team is a threat to the top teams in the state this year.

4 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

The 9th is year in year out quite a bit deeper than the 8th and top end teams don't compare most years. 9th is way down this year only reason the two even can have this conversation most years it's not needed. Lloyd is severely overrated, and I don't think any 9th region team is a threat to the top teams in the state this year.

I would disagree. The past 3-4 years, the 8th has had teams that could play/beat any team in the 9th. Specifically Woodford/The Oldham's/SK/Walton the past few years. I would consider the 8th/9th a very similar level of basketball the past 5 years. 

Now, if you want to go Pre-2020, then yes I would agree. 

 

Anyways, Great win for the neers! I expected them to win this one, as I feel Lloyd underperforms. 

13 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

The 9th is year in year out quite a bit deeper than the 8th and top end teams don't compare most years. 9th is way down this year only reason the two even can have this conversation most years it's not needed. Lloyd is severely overrated, and I don't think any 9th region team is a threat to the top teams in the state this year.

Let's observe.... (solely off-state tournament results)

2024: Both regions lost in the opening round
2023: Woodford County-Final Four, Newport- First round exit
2022: North Oldham- 2nd Rd, Covington Catholic- Final Four
2021: Oldham County-1st Rd, Highlands- Runner Up
2020: No tournament (COVID)
2019: Walton-Verona-2nd Rd, Covington Catholic- 1st Rd
2018: Oldham County-Final Four, Covington Catholic- Runner Up
2017: Collins- 2nd Rd, Cooper- Runner Up
2016: South Oldham- 2nd Rd, Newport Central Catholic- Final Four
2015: Collins- 1st Rd, Covington Catholic- Final Four

 

Solely looking at state tournament results, the 9th clears for the last 10 years. However, I believe the level of competitiveness up and down is much deeper than you think. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.