Rank 14 Region as of now

JBS has not impressed me. Right now and that is what the post is (as of now) JBS just got drilled by Hazard went to OT against Buckhorn. They will lose to Breathitt. I was at the Hazard game and I see discontent amongst the JBS faithful. Players seem dissatisfied with the situation surronding the Stepp boys. When Clark was announced to get his player trophy at the all A I noticed only a few of JBS fans clapped. When any other player got his trophy every fan from JBS stood and clapped. I think the situation at JBS is about to implode and you will see a rash of transfers at seasons end.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt anyone will transfer, seriously, and Clark's a good player, who wouldnt want him taking big shots, I sure know I would, JBS will not get beat by Breathitt, noone is able to stop Stepp, Cox or Collins, and the Hazard game, was good for them, they will be a different team come tourney time, and hey, dont forget JBS drilled Letcher, and Letcher beat your "amazing Breathitt County team", but JBS had Hazard down by 19, and won by 9, its hard to play the same team, more than once, especialy a very good expereinced team, Hazard did play at Rupp last year, and they have alot, they did win the All A state championship just a couple years ago, JBS has been a school since the late 1980's, Hazard has been a school for a lot longer time than June Buchanan

The only thing I hear about JBS is the almost wins. Mason won if you didn't know. The only team with a winning record you have beat is Hazard and Bell.

Hazard came back and embarrassed JBS and Bell was without there best player in Slusher. And if you don't think JBS is in trouble (internally) you must not be watching them and thier fans. Everyone I talk to is talking about the dissention among the ranks. JMHO about where they are right now. I think early in the season they were 1 or 2. Till they figure out how to play team ball in the big games they are in trouble.

JBS has not impressed me. Right now and that is what the post is (as of now) JBS just got drilled by Hazard went to OT against Buckhorn. They will lose to Breathitt. I was at the Hazard game and I see discontent amongst the JBS faithful. Players seem dissatisfied with the situation surronding the Stepp boys. When Clark was announced to get his player trophy at the all A I noticed only a few of JBS fans clapped. When any other player got his trophy every fan from JBS stood and clapped. I think the situation at JBS is about to implode and you will see a rash of transfers at seasons end.

I think we will know how teams really measure up when JBS plays PCC and Breathitt in the next couple of weeks. If JBS plays team ball (which I honestly dont think they will) then JBS would easily win both of these games. If they played team ball like I have seen them do in some games this year then I dont think there is a team in the mountains that could play with them. The big word here is IF...I have watched the players and their parents like you said and I agree that I have seen the frustration like you metioned from both the players and the parents. It is hard for most fans to understand how they could honestly not make Cox the first option in this offense and also not use Collins and Short more on the offensive side. It has to be hard for their big guys to go and rebound for the Stepp brothers when they could easily score inside time after time. I talked to a college coach at a game recently from central ky(not UK) and he told me the two kids he was most interested in was Collins and Short. He said most college coaches know of the situation at JBS and look at a kid what he can do for them at the next level rather than some stats that are inflated. The really sad thing about the situation is that the real ones who suffer in a situation like this are the kids.....

I talked to two coaches this week that were talking about the situation over there and they said they would give anything to be able to coach a team like that...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Hazard

2. JBS

3. Breathitt Co

4. PCC

5. Powell

6. Lee Co.

7. Buckhorn

8. Cordia

9. Knott Co.

10. Letcher Central