Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 85 DeSales 81

Featured Replies

C ? | Louisville | Final at Dodge Gym via The Scoreboard. 

This has the makings of an excellent series - two stalwarts within their respective Regions playing close games (all recently by six or fewer point margins). I hope it continues. 

Game details anyone? @coachb110?

Both teams play host Tuesday:

The Colonels (15-4, R9 #1, KY #5), winners of eight straight, play a triple header vs. Cooper. ?

The Colts (15-7, R6 #2, KY #17), vs. Western in an important 22nd District seeding game.

Close game throughout. Both teams shot in the neighborhood of 55% from the field and made eleven threes. Sounds like a fun game to have witnessed. 

My apologies to Runcible Owl. I had hoped to be at this game tonight, but alas, I have been under the weather and had to stay home. I went to bed for a couple of hours instead. I got to watch the replay of the game on NFHS later.  CovCath really played lights out!  They did not have to depend on one player to be the star. All of their players made significant contributions. The Colonels moved the ball well, and shot well for much of the game. Their defense forced DeSales into several missed shots and turnovers.  Thanks for posting the stats above.  It tells the story of the game. Free Throws: CC shot 70% (14 of 20) the Colts only 50% (4 of 8).  The Colts best free throw shooter Damone King was only 3 of 6 tonight (he had been averaging in the high 80% range).  Another excuse I could throw out there is the fact that our #2 guard (Prince Kahnplaye did not play tonight) I have no idea why. I hope it wasn't a serious injury.  Also, the Colonels defense held our most consistent player, Logan Tharp, to a 50% night (4 for 10). When Logan plays well, the Colts do well. But, excuses aside, Covington Catholic really looked good.  They play together as a team and can hurt you in many ways.  Their defense was really tenacious, causing the Colts fits. They deserve all the credit for this win tonight. They deserve to be one of the top teams in the state. 

Some good things the Colts can take away from this game: #1, Highly touted Senior Will Gibson finally played like he did his Junior year. He had been in a terrible slump the early part of this year. #2 hopefully Prince Kahnplaye will return. 

I just wish I could have been there!!    

Shout out to Evan Dennison for posting the stats on X. Thank you! 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.