LexCath 71 Tates Creek 60

The Creek has been known to tank about this time of year. I hope this year is different for Coach Cov. 16-0 run to start the game tells me they must not have come out of the locker room ready to play tonight.

That was my observation as well. Tates Creek won the first game by pressuring the LC ballhandlers who accomodated by making 25+ turnovers. Last night TC did not apply effective pressure on the ball until the game was effectively over. LC is a very good team when they don't turn it over.

Great game from the big three. How did Botkin do? It has been an absolute "Baptism by Fire" for him playing point as a Soph with Lex Cath's brutal schedule.

Is he being more agressive offensively?

I don't remember his points. Taylor is getting his confidence back. He is coming off the bench, and that takes some pressure off. It didn't help early in the year when he or other kids make a mistake and get yanked. Kills a kids confidence and makes them tentative. At least he is getting second chances as opposed to others. Main thing is against a press LC need's to keep the ball off the floor and pass. He is playing as well as any other guard at Catholic.