Long time Lurker finally makes an account.

RolandGS

Greets everyone!

I graduated from Trinity in 1990 (Jeff Brohm  / Craig Desensi / 50 game win streak Era).  I have been following the local conversations around HS Football since I returned to Louisville in 2001 from Chicago.  Around then I found Dallas Jackson's site and spent probably way too many hours trolling Don Bosco Fans in 2011.  Since then I've been reading along here for years and years and finally got around to joining the conversation.

During my High School days for the Rocks I ran CC (State Champs in 88), was frequently yelled at by the legendary William Bradford III as his prop master and Assistant Stage Director my Senior Year.  I kept the official book for our Home Basketball games and when we played X in 89 at Bellarmine in the playoffs (There is a good story here).  I was also captain of the Chess team my Junior and Senior years and president of the first ever THS Computer Club (NEEEERRRDDDD!).  I also worked 7 years as a councilor at Camp Tall Trees.  All of my best friends were Rocks and Tigers - If you remember me, you know who you are.

After college at the University of Illinois (Nuclear Engineer / Theta Delta Chi) I moved to Chicago and started a career in Software Development and married.  We moved back to Louisville and eventually settled in Crestwood with our two now teenage girls.

Now I ride ride my Road Bike as much as time allows, spend time with my kids, work on my 76 nova (Yes I still have her) and tune in every Friday night to AM 970 for the game.

I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to chiming in,  GO Rocks!

RolandGS (aka Steven Jent)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1