Ryder Cup in Rome

The Professor

I guess I'm tired of hearing commentators say how good the Americans "look on paper" and how all 12 of them are in the top 25 of the world rankings.  None of that matters with something like the Ryder Cup.  All of these guys are good.  The Europeans are familiar with the course because it has been used for the Italian Open.  A home vocal crowd in Rome means a lot.  Europe is playing out of their mind right now.  The U.S. choked this first day.  They should have won the afternoon session 3-1.  Instead they only pick up 1.5 points and Europe grabs 2.5 more.  After the first day, Europe leads 6.5 - 1.5.  That's a big margin.  There is time, but the Americans need to have a huge second day to make this closer so that the Sunday singles mean something.

Europe leads 10.5 to 5.5 headed into the Sunday singles session.  In those 12 matches, Europe only needs 4 points to take back the Cup.

Interesting to see a fight almost break out after this afternoon's four ball session.  Rory McIlroy didn't appreciate the reaction of one the American caddies after a rare U.S. match victory.  Jordan Spieth is playing like a hack.  Max Homa is a bright spot for the U.S.  Patrick Cantlay refuses to wear a cap.  That's the drama at the Ryder Cup.

Had a whopping $10 on the Europeans at +100. My buddy said I was crazy cause the Americans were way better on paper top to bottom but the idea of Hovland, Rahm and Rory made me go with them.

Didn't turn any profit though cause I also have $10 on Hovland to be top point scorer and he tied for second.